Chapter 28 | ouvre tes yeux

ouvre tes yeux

ouvre tes yeux

Open your eyes

I get out of the car and close the door behind me. A sudden pain erupts in my stomach and I close my eyes due to it. It's like I am being stabbed again and again. But I manage to stand no matter how much I want to go back to Damien's house and sleep.

The pain killers are helping but it isn't enough. I couldn't stay at the hospital after my stiches were done, Damien claimed as they were thinking of collecting my blood and we both know it was a bad idea. Damien assured me that they didn't know who I was at all. He had hypnotised them with his magic and made them forget about me. So much for staying alive and hidden.

The palace doors were ahead of me and I decided to walk to the destination. I don't want Damien inside the palace and they won't allow him to enter, they knew me but not him. I was sure I can get my way in, the guards knew me.

I walk to the gates slowly so that I don't tear apart my stiches. My bandages are well hidden under the hoddie I was no wearing.

"Halt!" I hear a guard say.

I come to stop just outside the gate. He examines me and I can see his eyes widening at recognition.

"What is your purpose of visit, Miss Thorne? We weren't made aware of any appointment of yours with the queen." He says.

"I need to see the prince. He is a friend of mine and I am here to check whether is he fine or not." I tell him.

He doesn't look satisfied at all. I know the palace is on alert with Edward's condition but it never crossed in my mind that they won't allow the friends in.

"I am sorry but I can't let you in." he says.

I spot the other guards around the gates. The security was tight, there was no way I was getting in my condition. But I need to see Edward, if my suspicions are right he needs me to recover. The soulmate bond with him is strong and I am sure if I am the cause, then I am the cure too. I don't know how it will work but the bond will surely do something. Right?

I walk back to the car. I needed to call someone.

I sit on back on the passenger seat and face Damien.

"What happened?" he asks, puzzled.

"They won't allow me in without permission. So, I need to find my phone and call someone to get it." I tell him.

"You have the royal Emeralds contacts on your phone?!" he asks, shocked.

"Yes, I am their supposed friend. Nothing serious though and I am also the queen's designer. What can I say? I am awesome." I reply with a chuckle.

A laugh erupts from Damien and for a few minutes, we are just siblings laughing their ass off in a car.

"The Ruby princess is friends with the Emerald prince. No, she is his freaking soulmate! That's news!" he says in between the laugh.