Chapter 25 | famille oubliée

famille oubliée

famille oubliée

Forgotten family

DARKNESS. That's all I can see. The coldness in the air is uncomfortable and unfamiliar. It is too much for me to bear, even though I live in the lands of snow. Even though the coldness used to be my comfort.

I look at my hands, there is no blood on them anymore. Guilt weighs in my heart and with every breath, I am taking, my lungs feel like they are freezing. Is this hell? Am I really dead?

I look around, trying to find the light but I see nothing. There is no hope for me, I had seriously failed. I had failed my parents; I had failed my kingdom. I had failed those children. I deserve this feeling. I was a waste of oxygen and an unworthy princess. No wonder the hybrids were able to dethrone me easily as soon as I lost my parents and my brothers. I am nothing without them. I was a waste of their energy and their hopes.

I will spend my entire life in this darkness. I will be alone.

My hands are shaking furiously, my heart is turning into stone. I feel numb and ready to accept whatever punishment the First Borns have prepared for me. I deserve the worst.

I lie down on the cold floor and my skin protests. It is carving for warmth and my eyes long to see light. I can't feel my magic anymore, maybe it finally realized that I never deserved it. I was a waste of power after all. I was the dirt that needed to be cleaned up from the face of the earth.

I curl up in a ball, trying to protect myself from the cold. But there is no warmth. There is no love left for me. I am gone.

I close my eyes, praying that everything will be over soon. But does my soul deserve peace? I am a monster, after all.

I am a freaking monster.

And as I drift to my sleep, the only thing my mind sees are the eyes of the children I failed to protect.

I deserve the pain. I deserve the cold.

..................................

"Olivia. Darling, open your eyes." I hear a male voice but then, it could be my imagination. I am dead and alone, there is no one here for me.

"Olivia. Daughter, open your eyes for me." I hear the same voice call out for me and it sounds familiar.

It is the same voice I had been craving to hear all this time. The voice that encouraged me when I took a step back in life, the voice that made me laugh and enjoy every moment of my life. The voice of my father.

But I refuse to open my eyes. My father doesn't want me, I am a failure. He is up in heaven whereas I suffer here in hell. He is a kind soul and he deserves the best. He doesn't deserve a daughter like me. I am weak, he should have had a strong child. Like Alexander and Cal. They should be the one to take the throne, not me. I never deserved the crown.