Chapter 30 | te laisser partir

te laisser partir

te laisser partir

letting you go

I closed the locker as I finished taking out my maths textbook and shoved it in my bag pack. My eyes quickly drifted to the photo of me and Xavier that was glued on one of the sides of the locker and a sigh escaped from my lips.

There was no denying that I missed him. But the only emotions I felt when I saw his face in my mind weren't of love, but of hate and anger. I just couldn't remove the image of him stabbing my mother and it crushed my heart every time I had thought about it. It had been 2 days yet it felt like an eternity without his arms around mine. I missed his smile in the morning and the way he told me that he loved me.

But everything felt wrong now. How am I supposed to love the man who killed my mother? Will I not be dishonouring her memory by doing so? She must have been ashamed of me for being with him.

I walked towards my maths class, ignoring the glares I was getting.

Yes, everything has changed for me in high school and luckily, there were only 4 months left for me to graduate. Not that I was needed to attend all the classes, I had good connections with the principal as well as the school committee. Let's just say, the parents were too worried that I would mess up their amazing daughter's gown if they dared to punish me. I wasn't ever going to stoop to that level for such pity things but staying away from school seemed like a good idea.

My ears were sharp enough to gather the rumours circulating around me. I wasn't stupid so I chose not to make huge deal out of them. People knew that Xavier was gone and they figured out that we weren't together anymore. They claimed that Xavier had left me for someone else. Jerks.

I have avoided the royals as much as possible. Whenever I saw even one of them, I changed my direction and headed away. Thanks to the black hoodie I was wearing, my face was very much covered. I looked nothing like I did before, but I am certainly going to hide as if my life depended on it. I loathe the royals and now as the purpose of my fake friendship with them is over, I have nothing to do with them.

I entered my maths class, luckily it didn't contain the royals and Caroline. With a little bit of manipulation, I had made the secretary change my time table. She won't remember it though; magic can do anything. I took my seat in the last, adjusting the hoodie to cover my face and sighed. A girl came and sat next to me, but I ignored her.

My mind shifted to the lecture and I started jotting down notes and solving problems on the board. The lecture ended soon enough and I groaned when I realized it was break.

Great.

The only time I shared with them. I debated that whether I should head to the cafeteria or not. I mean, was I really that desperate to avoid them? I mean, are they even worth sacrificing lunch? No.