Chapter 20 | dans mes pensées

dans mes pensées

dans mes pensées

On my mind

"You look amazing, Olivia!" Caroline shouts against the blaring speakers.

We were an hour late for the birthday party just because I and Xavier got a little too cosy with each other. I just wish that we could complete the bond, but me getting pregnant is the last thing we want in the situation we are currently in.

I am wearing my black dress right now. it's short to say at least, just above my knees. It has a v-line, showing off some of my cleavage. I don't mind though, I am comfortable in my own skin. The dress glitters in the light, it's simple yet makes me look beautiful as I am. I am wearing proper makeup this time, with some smokey eyes and red lipstick. Black studs adorn my ears and my hair is let free in its natural form. I look and feel like a teenager right now, not a princess.

"Thank you! You look rather perfect yourself, Caroline!" I reply.

She is wearing a red dress, which highlights all her perfect curves and she looks like a model herself.

"Yeah, I know, babe." She says with a sarcasm laced in her voice. I laugh, she always says that.

"So, why were you so late?" she asks me.

"Well, I lost something important and Xav was helping me find it," I tell her.

"Oh. Whatever. Now let's hurry, the cake is here!" she says and grabs my hand to pull me where the cake is about to be cut.

We are in a club right now, as far as I can make out. I don't like clubs at all, drunk and sweety people with absolutely no hygiene isn't my scene at all. I mean, what do they get by dancing with complete strangers? I like my own privacy and space to dance and moreover I dance in front of people I know.

The club is the most expensive one here in Sunset Beach, which comes to me as no surprise. Of course, they will book the most lavish club for the prince's birthday. Luckily for me, there is an entirely separate floor booked for the royals and well, us. So, I have no worries about strangers as of now.

I spot the twins first, looking as dashing as ever. They both wear black pants with black shirts which screams that they are your typical rich and handsome bad boys. The other guys were none of my concern, but they all looked pretty much like rich spoilt brats. I guess, that had something do with the fact that we were in the most expensive club in Sunset Beach.

There were few other girls but I didn't know them, neither did I intended to. The lesser the people knew about me here, the better. Moreover, the question of going back has been lingering in my mind for a while now. I mean, we can now go to Red Mountain as we know the hybrids can't stand the magic of lady Ruby, thankfully. Moreover, that dream about her hasn't stopped replaying in my mind, when did my life become such a mess? I just want everything to be normal again. But I doubt what is normal for me anymore. Perhaps, not having to worry that I might die any moment now. As if that's ever happening.