Chapter 8 | pas une princesse

pas une princesse

pas une princesse

Not a princess

I am in a forest, by the looks of it. I am surrounded by trees and I can hear the sound of a stream nearby. The air smells fresh and I feel like I could finally breathe. The grass feels soothing against my feet and I feel like lying in the grass forever. The sun shined brightly, making the leaves glitter with it's light. The warmth of the sun is welcoming against my skin and I feel safe in it. As the air brushes against my body, I feel my muscles relaxing. There is not a single animal in sight, maybe they were hiding.

And then, I hear a scream. Of a woman. From the scream I can make out that the woman is in an undeniable pain. Out of concern, I start searching for the source. I have no idea what kind of evil lurks in this beautiful forest. They can harm her in ways, I didn't want to imagine. I keep on running towards the source of the scream, until I spot a cottage. 

Thank god my training had strengthened her senses or else I would have been on a wild goose chase right now.

The scream is definitely coming from the cottage. I examine the cottage before entering. It is the smallest she has ever seen, but then, I live a lavish lifestyle. The cottage is made up of wood, perhaps taken from the forest as I spot logs of wood piled up next to the cottage. Flowers grow out of some of the cracks in the cottage, beautifying it. A dream catcher hangs in the entrance. The cottage seems comfortable from the outside. The door is opened luckily, so I enter it.

The scream is nearer, I know it.

"Get out! Orrin, I swear. No more kids! I can't do this again!" the woman screams.

Orrin? Was the man my father?

"Yes, darling. Now push, baby. Push for me." I hear a male voice reply. 

And I recognize the voice. It was most definitely my father's. A younger and less tired version of my father's voice. What is he doing here? Doesn't he have a kingdom to rule?

I enter the room to find a woman lying on the bed, clearly in pain and my father standing next to her, holding her hand. The woman is giving birth, that's all I can make out. There is a small tub filled with water next to the woman and some towels.

 And then suddenly, a boy pops out of nowhere. He must have been hiding somewhere. The boy is around four or five, I think. I am not that good with ages. He wears a blue shirt with loose pants. His hair is a mess, with twigs entangled in them. He looks just like a younger version of his father. The resemblance too much. But he isn't Alexander, so it can't be his father's son. He just can't be. The boy has black eyes, and I know he is a hybrid. Now, seriously. What the hell is my father doing here? This kid is a threat, he needs to be dealt with!