Chapter 11 | décisions à prendre

décisions à prendre

décisions à prendre

Decisions to make

THE capital is beautiful. Pamela had ordered us a taxi using her phone. We had to wait for a bit, but I wasn't going to walk the rest of the way as I was really tired. I really need to know about the ways of the Emeralds.

The capital is huge, but smaller than ours. I miss the cold and the snow though. It used to calm me down and now the heat just gets on my nerves. It reminds me that I am far from home and that I am running away from my problems like a coward. My parents would have wanted me to fight. But I can't. I don't want to fight anymore. I want to be normal for once. I want to be a new version of myself, a new Olivia.

There are small buildings with cars parked in front of them and Pamela says that they are housing societies. We shall be living in one too. There are street lights everywhere, illuminating the dark sky. Then there are the yellow boxes with three lights, Pamela calls them traffic lights. We don't need them in our lands because we don't have much cars to deal with. 

Then there are cameras almost everywhere, I notice. We pass through many markets and malls. There are no malls in our kingdom. We have shops owned by individuals only. There are huge posters hanging at their walls, marketing the various products of the companies.

The car ride is quite as all of us take in the city around us. Pamela hands us a map so that we can memorize it.

"You will have to address the warriors when we reach home. Your father had already bought a flat for you all long ago so that you live a comfortable life here. Also, he had opened a bank out under your and your brother's name. Then there is college fund for Junior." Guru says and I nod.

My father had all of it planned. Why? Was he so sure that we will fail against the rebels and that we have to spend all our lives here? Didn't he trust us at all? Did my mother know about this?

 If they did, then why did they even train us? They could have let us have a normal life if they knew we were going to lose. Why ruin everything for us?!

I am angry but I don't express it.

"Also, your father asked me to give you this." Pamela says as she hands me down an envelope. It has the seal of the royal Rubies.

"There are two others for your brothers too. But I guess, you won't be needing it. Your father strictly asked me to not let you all read each other's letters." Pamela says.

I take the envelope and place it in my pocket of the jeans. I will read it when we reach our new house. Guess, we have to live here forever now. I will die soon, though. I am pretty sure the Emeralds will figure out why we don't age faster. Even with the potion they will age twice as fast as us. They are bound to know. I just hope I find a way to help Junior age with the Emeralds. I don't want any trouble for him.