Chapter 26 | rejeter l'amour

rejeter l'amour

rejeter l'amour

Rejecting love

ANGER and hate. That's all I feel.

I never knew I was capable of hating the First Borns. I never thought that I would hate the people who I have been born to serve. Who chose me as the future Enchantress of the kingdom.

But then, who am I kidding? I never got the chance to rule the kingdom as an Enchantress. They hated me from the very beginning. They despised my living; I was someone who wasn't supposed to be born. I was a result of the laws set by them getting broken, after all. But I refuse to believe that I was a mistake. I know my father loved my birth mother, Rosaline. I saw it in his eyes and his face. I wasn't a mistake and neither was my brother. My mother gave up her life so that I could live mine, and I will make sure her sacrifice is worth it. I will make sure that the First Borns don't get their way with me and I shall be the living example of how their good for nothing rules got broken.

Yes, I am still against hybrids after all they have done. I still do believe that the kingdoms should remain separate. I don't support the cause of the rebels and I never will. But if the people from two different kingdoms fall in love then the First Borns have no right to snatch it away from them. Give the hybrids another kingdom to live in. But don't snatch away their chance at a family. Everyone deserves to be loved.

Everyone deserves a choice.

Even my birth mother. The choice she had was snatched away by the man who is my soulmate. And that only makes me sure that I am cursed, not blessed as they say. Fate has pulled a massive joke on my life. They gave me two soulmates- one an Emerald prince who I can never have because of what I am and the other, the man who murdered my birth mother. The man who I have now starting to hate.

I never knew my mother, but I spent nine months in her womb. I listened to what she spoke to me and my magic had connected to her. My heart, even though I didn't even remember her, ached for her. I wanted her, she was the mother I deserved. No wonder, the Queen never was close to me. In her eyes, I was still the result of my father's infidelity. I never understood why she still kept me and why I was still raised to be a princess. I should have been thrown aside to rot but I wasn't.

Alexander and Cal were my stepbrothers. I wonder if they knew my reality. I highly doubt that because no matter what, they protected me and loved me as their little sister. I will always adore them and my heart will always miss them.

And now the man in whose arms I am crying as I sit on the ground. My heart is broken and it feels like a thousand pieces of glasses have pierced through it. I have never felt this pain before- it's the betrayal of your soulmate and the discovery that your whole life has been a lie.

I wasn't a princess of the Rubies, how can I be when I wasn't even a Ruby?

And then, the man who calls me his sister, who I know is my real brother is a monster who only I can tame, as they say. But then, he isn't to be blamed. If I was left alone in a forest, after I had witnessed the death of my brother then I would go mad. I would be heartless. But then, I think I am that now. After all that has happened, how can I ever trust anybody? Even Damien.