Chapter 17 | réunions en colère

réunions en colère

réunions en colère

Angry meetings

I OPEN the shop's door and walk-in. A familiar smile of Mr Cooper greets me and I immediately find myself smiling like a small girl. Mr Cooper is like a father to me, in the little time I had known him, he has been nothing but nice to me. He encouraged me to follow my passion and would stay up with me when I will be in the shop working late. He was never like a boss to me and that's why we had the best relationship.

"Here comes my princess," he says as he pulls me in a hug.

I hug him back, finding comfort in his arms. He reminds me a lot of my father and I feel safe around him. I don't feel like a princess when I am around him. all my worries disappear when I am in the shop. I am an ordinary girl here.

"Yes, Mr Cooper. I am here for your service. I am sorry I haven't been at work lately, but your wife must have told you that I was busy. The thing has been taken care of as of now and I can resume my work." I tell him.

Mrs Cooper is a warrior, so she treats me like a princess when I am around her. Mr Cooper is a Ruby too, but I don't know why but he doesn't treat me like a princess. I am like a teenager to him, even though I am not. At first, I was quite surprised by his treatment but then I started liking it.

"You better. The orders have come filling in. They are all asking for you, princess. But as you know, 50 orders are your limit. I have assigned the rest to others, much to the customer's disappointment but I know you have a lot on your plate, kiddo." He says.

Then he hands me my register filled with the names of the customers and their contact numbers. I need to have a meeting with each one of them before starting to design their dresses. Not only that, but I also have to design the dresses for the final contestants on the day of Edward's birthday.

So basically, there is going to be a ball before the test which shall be attended by all the girls aged between 16 to 18. It's compulsory and the ball basically lasts for three days. There will be girls from Three on the first day, Two on the second day and One on the third day. The third day is obviously the grandest and hence more time is used for its preparation. While the other two are held in houses of the Mayors of the respective territories, the one for One is held in the palace itself only. It's natural for them to give the priorities to the girls in One because they come from well-reputed families. The ball is the opportunity for the prince to analyse. He looks for potential queen here. The girls are on their best behaviours. The prince dances with a few girls but you have to be lucky enough for that privilege. The King and Queen are on the watch too with few of the well-reputed council members. They mark the names of potential queens there.

Then comes the test, which needs to be passed to go to the next stage. It is essential because even if you are on prince's list for 'potential queens' you can be kicked out of it only because you didn't get a good score. Believe me when I say that they are looking for the best.