Chapter 7 | Rêves inhabituels

Rêves inhabituels

Rêves inhabituels

Unusual dreams

I AM standing in the garden of a palace I don't recognize. It isn't the Rubies as ours is grander than this. The palace is made up of marble, with green colored glass windows. There is a dome in the centre, as much I can make out from the position, I am in. There are beautiful carvings of wood on the marble. Vines hang out from the walls in some places.

The sun shines bright, unlike in the land of Rubies. Where am I? I don't spot any flag or in fact anybody else nearby. The heat is killing me, I am not used to the warmth of the sun that much. I want to go back to the land of cold, my home.

I am wearing some jeans and a green sweetheart top. My white skin is now tanned, which puzzles me. Where the hell am I?

But then suddenly, I hear a voice. Three of them to be precise. I turn around, only to be knocked down to the ground. I look around and spot three children hugging me, all at once.

"Momma, look what we found! Daddy needs to see this!" the girl says. 

She looks around three to me. The boy, who is literally hugging my leg right now, looks somewhat like her. They must be twins or something. The girl reminds me so much of myself when I was young.

The other boy, maybe around five or six, is pulling my hand to get me up. They are all excited to show me something. I get up, but I can't walk. My feet are stuck to the ground.

What the hell is going on?

"Momma, come on! Daddy must be waiting!" the younger boy says. 

What the hell? How am I their momma?

I mean I am 22! I am not even married!

I don't move at all. But then I look into their eyes. I have no idea why I didn't notice it before. I guess, I never looked at them that carefully.

I pull up the girl in my arms and look at her eyes.

This isn't possible. If I am their momma, this isn't possible.

Instead of red eyes, like mine. They are green. Green like the emerald.

I put the child on the ground. I am in the land of Emeralds? Why are these kids calling me their mother?