Chapter 6 | magie cachée

magie cachée

magie cachée

Hidden magic

TO say that my head is throbbing will be an understatement right now. It is literally feeling like it is about to explode into a million pieces. With every ounce of energy left in me, I open my eyes. I am greeted with the familiar white ceiling of my room but the unfamiliar feeling of needles in my arm. I don't panic because I know something must have happened to me that put me in this situation. Analyse your surroundings and then react.

 As I barely sit up, I find Alexander and Cal lying on my bed and holding my hand, completely dozed off. I can't get up with their weight on my legs, so I try to shake them. luckily, Cal wakes up. As he looks at me, a huge smile appears on his face and he grabs me in a hug that I can barely breathe.

"I can't breathe....my head aches..." I try to say.

 Somehow Cal gets the signal and asks for the doctor to come in to check on me. As he shouts, Alexander gets up in a complete alert mode. He then faces me and a worried smile appears on his face. He moves towards me and hugs me softly.

"You scared the shit out of us, Olivia. Never ever pull a trick like that again." He says.

I want to tell him that I am okay, but nothing comes out of my mouth. I am just too tired. The doctor finally comes in and Alexander steps away from me. The doctor checks upon me and gives me some medicine.

"Have these twice a day for two weeks. One in the morning after breakfast and one after dinner. Got it?" he says and I nod.

What the hell happened to me?

My parents come rushing into my room next, almost knocking over the Arminda who was trying to open the door for them. My mother takes my face between her hands and cries. 

For the first time in my life, I had seen my mother cry. She looked so scared. My father hugs me tightly, like he didn't want to let go of me at all. But my head was too messed up to process anything. I need to stop this headache or else I am certainly going to die.

Out of some kind of compulsion, I get up, releasing myself from the grasp of my parents, and walk towards the little pot kept near my balcony. I simply sit down and take that plant between my hands. I don't know how I did it, but somehow I make the plant transfer it's life source to me. It was an energy I had never felt before, but I more powerful than ever before.

 The magic was... new. As soon as I let go of the plant, it's dead. But my headache is completely gone. In fact, I am normal again. I no longer feel any pain. I remove the needles from my arms, letting some blood flow out but I don't care.