Chapter 14 | mon peuple

mon peuple

mon peuple

My people

ONE week.

In one week, we were ready to let the traitors know we are coming for them.
This was my first ever mission without my brothers, and to say I was nervous would be an understatement. This mission tested my ability as a leader as, without my brothers, I will be the one training Junior to be the future king. Zack, Zara and Cal's son who was born just 5 months ago will be in my guidance too and I want them to be the best. It scares me that I will have such a responsibility.

It's not that I don't have others to help me, but I am the Enchantress, the Ruby Princess and hence, the major work is on my shoulders. I had understood my responsibility the day Zack was born. I had rushed from school when we got the call that Zara is in labour. Funny enough, Zara wasn't ready to pop out the baby until I was there. And as soon as I heard Zack's first cry and held him in my arms, I knew I would do anything for him. He had Cal's eyes, his nose and his ears. He was just like Cal when he was a baby. I wish Cal was here to see him grow up.Junior was overprotective of him, not letting him out of his sight for even a second. He calls him 'tiny' which seems appropriate for the time being but he would need to change the name when Zack grows up. Zara told me that Cal had always loved the name Zack for boy and hence the name. This tiny bundle of joy was the future of our kingdom and he didn't even realise what comes for him in the future.

When Zara was on bed rest, I and Xavier used to take care of Junior and Zack both. We handled them pretty well, I think. When we would sometimes wake up with Junior in between us, I would always feel glad. It was like we were a small family and Junior was our son. Xavier would be a perfect father.

I thank my father every day for opening my eyes. If he hadn't told me to fall in love again, I would have been a mess right now. I would have never known what it feels like to wake up in Xavier's arms in the morning or kiss him whenever I want. I am glad to have him.

"We would be there as soon as possible. We have 10 minutes to get in and out. It's going to be difficult but you all know what to do. There are 30 of us against 100 of one of the best guards of the hybrids. I would open all the jails with Xavier and Luther's help. Auston and Hugh will lead the others to evacuate the prisoners and then, open at least 6 portals to Red Mountain. You have the stones as the source. Don't forget your training. We attack as soon as we get in. Our man inside has prepared the prisoners for evacuation. Sprinkle this dust on them to ensure no hybrid is there with us. Got it?" I brief my warriors.

They reply in "Yes, your majesty." And I know it's time to leave.After Hugh had given the full details of the centre, we knew that it was rushed. Luke was anxious as if anticipating something we weren't aware of as of now. He needed an army and hence he was trying to convert the commoners into hybrids. We don't know if he has succeeded by now or not but I am sure something is going on. That centre hides Luke's secret and I have to know about it.