1~news

"Nice play boys bring it in!" Coach yelled. We all hustle to coach. "Y'all did great at practice today and as we all know school starts tomorrow." The whole team groans. "No complaining education is important and whoever complains will run extra laps tomorrow. Now with that being said, break it out on Adrien and hit the showers."

"On three!" I yelled "one, two, three, Jaguars!" The whole team joined in. We all ran to the locker room to shower and head home.

"Hey can I come over?" I asked my best friend, Maverick.

"Sure dude."

"Thanks," I said as I limped over to the bench.

"Dude, what happened?"

"Just rolled my ankle. Should be fine, just needs some ice." I changed into my regular clothes and went out to my truck. I'm probably gonna get to Maverick's house before he does. Thankfully I've known him forever and I can just barge into his house whenever I want.
***
"Hey Mrs. Thompson," I announced as I walked, or should I say limped, through the door. She was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"What on God's good earth has got you limping?" She asked, pointing a wooden spoon at me. Yep, she's a southern mama alright.

"I just rolled my ankle," I answered.

"You need ice. I'll get you some frozen peas." She handed me a bag of frozen peas, she claims they work better than a bag of ice. I walked up to Maverick's room and laid on his bed until he got here. 
***
"Hey man, " Maverick said as he walked in his room. "I see my mom has got you fixed up."

"Yeah, dude hand me the controller," he picked up the Xbox controllers and handed one to me. We got on call of duty and played for hours and just talked.

My phone starts ringing. It's my dad. "Hey dad."

"Don't 'Hey Dad' me. Where are you?" He asked.

"Maverick's"

"You need to come home, do you have any idea what today is?" He yelled through the phone. I checked my phone. Oh crap it's the day my grandma comes home. "Get home now or you're grounded."

"Yes sir," I ended the call. I reluctantly got off the bed and limped over to my shoes.

"What'd your dad want?"

"Grandma Emery"

"Oh" He knows how weird she can get. While I love her to death and I wouldn't trade her for the world, she can be really weird and get on my nerves.

"Yeah, I'll call you later"

"Dude, you really need to rest that. If you don't it could get worse."

***
I got home just before Grandma Emery did, just in time for my dad to yell at me. Once my lecture is over I go to my room. I hear the front door open. "Come here son!" My dad yelled from the kitchen.

"Hi Granny Em," I said, kissing her cheek.

"Hi darling. Are you still single?" Of course she asked that. Her favorite subject is my love life. She says I need to find myself the perfect girl and 'if Ganny Em don't accept her she's not the perfect girl'.

"Yes ma'am"

"Of course you are. You're just like your father only cares about his career"

"Momma, I gave my career for love"

"I know boy. Let's eat," Granny said, changing the conversation. We all headed to the table to eat.

I finished my plate and got up to go wash it and head to my room.