24~homecoming

"Let's go boys! It's game day!"Dad yelled coming into my room and taking our blankets off.

"We get it, just five more minutes" I grumbled into my pillow.

"Only the losing team gets five more minutes" dad yelled before he walked out of the room. Me and Maverick were still reluctant to get up. "Pancakes are ready!" Dad yelled. With that said we got up and went to the kitchen.

"Thanks Mrs.Thompson These are delicious" I stuffed the rest of my third pancake in my mouth, then more bacon

"You're welcome baby," she said to me. "Maverick thompson don't stuff too much food in your mouth at once! You're going to choke!" Mrs. Thompson scolded.

Maverick swallowed the rest of his food. "I'm okay momma you don't have to worry about me"

"Oh I'm not worried but if you choke you better be worried"

"Got it momma" Maverick said. "Come on man we've got to pick up Aria"

"We better get dressed then"

We got dressed in our jeans and football jerseys.
***
"Hey baby, looking beautiful as always" I said happily. When she got in the truck.

"Someone's excited for their big day" she teased.

"You know it" I smiled and winked.

"Let's hit the road," Maverick said before pulling out of her driveway.

"You say that like we're going on a road trip" Aria laughed.

"Who says we aren't?" Maverick challenged.

"It's a ten minute drive"

"Okay okay" he huffed. "You take the fun out of everything" he mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing"

"That's what I thought," she said proudly.

We sang our hearts out on the way to school. We rolled the windows down and screamed the lyrics to high school musical songs. We were pumped for tonight.
***
"Who's ready to get this thing started?" Dad yelled out to the school. Since it was homecoming there were three benches on each side of the gym and there were balloons and streamers in the school colors. The gym filled with screams as normal.

"What was that? I'm sorry I don't hear you" the gym filled with even more screams.

"Then, let's get this pep rally started!" On cue me and the boys bursted out of the locker room jumping up and down hyping up the gym. "Okay okay" dad said, quieting the screams and hollers. "This is a big game, it's homecoming, it's against our rivals the anacondas, and there are going to be some important people for these boys' future in the stands. I just gotta say I'm proud of each and every one of the boys out there that put their heart onto that field. I couldn't ask for a better team to coach" the crowd went up in screams. "Okay now time for the pep rally. If you are on the homecoming court please make your way to the corner of the gym"

I walked over to the corner with Maverick, Andy, and Brandon. The homecoming court is a girl and boy from each grade except seniors who have three of each. Maverick, Brandon and I got voted for the boys in our grade. Allie, Aria and Kathy got voted as the girls for our grade.

"Okay football boys come here" a cheerleader said. The three boys walked over to her. She taped black boutonnières to our uniforms since she couldn't pin it on. "Go find your girl" she ordered. We were each paired with a girl, thankfully I got paired with Aria and Maverick got paired with Allie. That leaves Brandon with Kathy, poor guy.