26~max

A few days later I still couldn't get what Aria said out of my head. She loves me. Do I love her? I don't know if I can. Do I care about her? More than anything. Love is different. The person I loved the most got taken away from me. I don't want to feel hurt like that again.

"Are you okay, hon?" I snapped out of my trance and looked up at my granny.

"Yeah granny I'm fine" I played around with my food. "I'm just gonna go to my room"

"Adrien you hardly ate" she looked at me with worried eyes.

"I'm fine granny I promise I'm just not hungry"

"You haven't been hungry for a few days"

"Sorry I just have a lot on my mind"

Have I really been thinking about this for a few days? Yes I have.

"Get some sleep honey"

"I know granny" there was a knock at the door. "I'll get the door before I head to my room"

"Thanks honey"

"Max?" I asked. What was max doing here? I really don't feel like fighting.

"Hey Adrien" He said sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head.

"Look man I'm not in the mood to fight"

"I'm not here to fight" he gestured to the backpack on his shoulder. I just noticed how terrible he looked. His hair was all over the place and his eyes were bloodshot and looked very tired.

"Dude what the hell happened?"

"Don't cuss in this house" granny yelled from the dining room.

"Sorry Granny" I yelled back.

"Seriously though what happened?"

"I'll go into detail but only if you let me sleep over here"

"I've already told you your family of course you can sleep here"

"Thanks man" he walked inside and he looked so much worse in the light.

"Just go to my room I'll be there in a minute"

"Thanks again"

"I swear it's no problem at all" he went to my room looking around at all the pictures and other stuff on the walls.

"Who's here and staying at the house?" Granny asked as she sipped on her tea.

"Max"

"Max? Like your cousin max?" She asked.

"Yeah"

"And he's staying here?" She acted like she didn't believe anything I was saying.

"Yes Granny and he looks like crap. He needs someone to talk to" I looked at her with pleading eyes even though she can't say no because he's already in t

"Okay honey"
***
I went to my room and saw Max just sitting there on my bed looking around my bed.

"You have a nice room"

"Thanks" I made my way to my closet and pulled out the already blown up air mattress.

"Why do you have an already blown up air mattress in your closet?"

"Maverick comes over a lot. I'll go get you a pillow and some blankets" I walked out of the room and grabbed a pillow and two blankets from the linen closet.

"Here" I said, throwing the pillow and blankets at his face.

"Thanks" he tossed them on the ground by his blow up mattress. He laid back on my bed with a sigh.