11~barbecue

"We're here" Mrs. Thompson announced walking into the house carrying a pie. They're early,as always, to help. "We brought the Smiths and Allie," she said as Aria and Xander came in with a bowl covered in Saran wrap followed by Allie.

"You know y'all didn't have to bring food right?" Dad said coming from the backyard.

"What kind of guests would we be if I didn't bring my famous raspberry pie?" Mrs. Thompson asked.

"My guests," my dad said, grabbing the pie and taking it outside.

"Here let me take that" I said to Aria, taking the bowl out of her hand. "Follow me guys I'll show you where the party's at" I said nodding my head toward the backyard. They all followed me into the backyard. I put the bowl on a table we put out here for this occasion.

"That's my grandma's famous fruit salad." Aria said to me sticking a chip in the salsa and eating it.

"Well I'll be sure to get some." I said. I heard a scream then a series of laughs right after that. I looked over and saw Jackie thrown over Xander's shoulder both of them laughing. Xander threatened to throw her in the pool. "Have you got any news yet?" I asked.

"No they said we should get news about this time tomorrow" she said laughing at her brother and Jackie.

"They would be a cute couple," I said.

"Yeah they're in love but deny it won't start dating. It aggravates me so much" she said.

"They're really perfect for each other," I said.

"That they are," she said and walked away.
***
"Cannonball!" Duke yelled jumping in the pool. Allie laughed as well as everyone else. He splashed Allie who was laying on a chair.

"Duke!" She squealed laughing right after. I could see Maverick was a little bit mad.

"Maverick come here" I said. He came over here.

"What?" He asked. I whispered something in his ear and we both headed inside. We went into my room and looked in my closet for a few minutes. We finally found what we were looking for.

"Hey al" Maverick said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah?" She said, turning to face him with a smile. As soon as she was facing his direction he started squirting her with a water gun. She squealed and ran. "Maverick!"

I started squirting Aria, Jack and Xander, laughing like a maniac. Aria used Xander as a human shield. Xander tried to use Jack as a shield but failed because she's like a foot shorter than him.

"I'm out" I yelled to Maverick.

"Same" he yelled back.

"Backup guns" we yelled at the same time. We reached behind our backs and pulled out smaller water guns.

Our backup water guns ran out.

"Oh no retreat! Retreat" I yelled to Maverick we ran into the house for safety.

"That was great, man," Maverick said, giving me a bro hug.

"I know dude that was awesome."

"Burgers are ready!" Dad yelled. Me and Maverick raced outside to get food. When we got outside we were ambushed. Aria and Allie were shooting us with the water guns we left outside.

"You were in on this?" I questioned my dad. He nodded. Aria kept on shooting me. "Alright alright, truce?" I asked Aria, sticking out my hand.

"Truce" she confirmed shaking my hand. She squirted me again.