10~game time

"It's like I knew you before we met, Can't explain it
There's no name for it
I sang the words I've never said
And was easy
Because you see the real me
As I am you understand
And that's more than I've ever known" the team belted at the top of our lungs.

"To hear a your voice
Hear your voice
Above the noise
And I know that I'm alone
Oh, you're singing to me
Ooh, yeah
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong
You are the music in me
It's living in all of us
And it's brought us here because
Because you are the music in me
Together we're gonna sing, yeah
We got the power to say what we feel
Connected and real
Can't keep it all inside, oh yeah
Ooh, yeah
Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na na
You are the music in me
Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na na
You are the music in me
When I hear my favorite song
I know that we belong
Oh, you are the music in me
Yeah
It's living in all of us
It's brought us here because
You are the music in me
Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na
You are the music in me
Yeah" we finished the song as we were getting our pads and cleats on.

This is one of the reasons the game is amazing, having teammates you know will always have your back and you feel completely yourself with.

"Alright boys" Coach said, walking in already knowing our high school musical rituals. "Huddle up" Maverick turned off the music and we all huddled up. "Okay this is our first game of the season and I want you to prove you're more than ready to win state championships right now. Prove you're good enough to play the game. I want y'all to do the best you can put your life in the game.This game is tough if you can't handle that I suggest you quit but I know that every single one of you have what it takes to be out on the field showing everyone your love for the game and your meant to be there. So what are we going to do!" Coach yelled.

"Play" the team recited.

"And how are we gonna play?" Coach yelled again.

"Hard," the team yelled.

"What are we gonna prove?" Coach yelled.

"Our worth" we recited.

"What is your worth?"

"Everything" we  yelled

"What's that mean?"

"Playing hard is worth Everything"

"What?"

"Playing hard is worth everything, " the boys repeated going crazy.

"Let's go!" Coach yelled.

We all ran out chanting. "Playing hard is worth everything"
***
"Set hut" I yelled, being snapped the ball seconds later. For the first play I was supposed to wait for Maverick to get to the endzone and throw it to him.

There's one guy in front of me, one behind me and one coming from the side trying to tackle me. Right before they reached me Maverick was in the endzone ready for me to throw the ball. Two seconds after the ball left my hand I was tackled. The whistle was blown and two of the refs arms shot up signaling a touchdown. I ran down the field as fast as I could and shoulder bumped Maverick followed by our handshake. "That's how you do it dude" I said, patting the side of his helmet.

"That was all you man" he said.

"Yeah all me my ass" I said. We just laughed. The coach from the other team called a time out.

"Great job boys" Coach said before jumping into what we're doing for the next play.
***
It was the second quarter, almost half time, and there was only three minutes left. We were down by six points.