21-planning

"Hey Als I need your help" I said into my phone. I paced around the room hoping she would help me.

"What do you need help with?"

"Aria"

"Is it bad? Is something wrong?Are y'all okay?" She asked worriedly at superhuman speed. How in the world did she talk that fast?

"No, it's okay, we're fine I promise" I laughed at her worried state. " I need you to come to my place so I can explain"

A long silence occurred like she was mentally debating. She sighed. "'Kay I'll be at your house in ten"

"See you then" I chirped and hung up.
***
"So what's up?"She said, plopping a grape in her mouth. She sat on the couch and propped her feet up on the coffee table. I sat on the other part of the couch.

"I'm taking aria on our first date tomorrow but she doesn't know anything about it."

"Ohh" she sat up listening intently and popped another grape in her mouth.

"Anyway I need you to get her dressed in something kind of nice but don't tell her that we're going on a date. This whole thing is a surprise."

"Got it," she said happily. She put the grapes on the coffee table and did a happy dance around the living room. 

"What are you doing?" I shook my head and laughed.

"Happy dancing" she sat back down.

"Okay" I said slowly "I'll text you where you're going to drop her off tomorrow. Also during the date I'm going to ask her to homecoming."

"Oh exciting! how?" She clapped her hands together and the bowl of grapes long forgotten.

"Chocolate covered strawberries"

"Yum! I happen to know she loves them!"

"Great!" I clapped my hands once.

"What are y'all going to do on the date?" She looked at me with anticipation.

"I can't tell you that. You'll know when she rants to you about it?"

"How do you know she'll do that?"

"I have my instincts"

"Uh huh" she sarcastically said. "What are you gonna wear?"

"A button up with jeans and a belt"

"Okay what color? I don't want them to clash to much"

"I don't know yet"

"Ugh okay. What time do you need her to get to the destination and how far away is it?"

"Six fifteen and it's around twenty to twenty-five minutes away"

"Okay got it. That means she needs to be ready about five forty-five. Okay I can work with it"

"Okay good I have practice tomorrow so the time had to be pushed back a bit"

"I thought you didn't have practice on Tuesdays?" She questioned.

"We don't but my dad's making me to catch up on lost time" I said through gritted teeth. 

"Makes sense" she shrugged, grabbing her grapes from the place she left them on the coffee table.

"Yeah it didn't make me happy though I had this whole date planned to be almost an hour and a half longer but it got cut short due to practice" I ran a hand through my hair remembering the conversation with my dad.