16~drama

"You think you can just hang out with my boyfriend anytime you want?" I heard Kathy yell at someone. I feel really bad for that girl. I didn't know she had a boyfriend.

I turned the corner to find that the person she was yelling at was Aria. Aria hasn't been hanging out with anyone except.....me.

"Hold up a second" I said, holding up a finger.

"You're dating Kathy?" Aria spoke up. "After everything I told you, you still chose her. Your unbelievable" she shook her head and walked away.

"Okay what the hell is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?" She said tracing a finger up my bicep. Shivers ran down my spine and not the good kind.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" It didn't come from me. I turned to see Maverick. "I saw Aria crying in the hallway and asked what's wrong. She told me to ask you"

"Maverick, it's not what it looks like"

"Your lucky you have a concussion or I would beat your ass"

"Maverick listen to me"

"I don't want to listen to a thing you have to say. I've seen everything I needed." He turned on his heel with his fist clenched. I knew then I was lucky to have a concussion. He would have screwed me up if I hadn't.

"What is your problem? Aria has done nothing to you and you do this to her."
There was now a crowd forming around us.

"She deserved it" Kathy scoffed.

"No she is the nicest girl ever and deserves way better than that." I yelled.

"Babe calm down"

"Are you serious? I talked to you once then I learned what shit you've done. I have no interest in you whatsoever. What made you think I would ever want to be with you? So this fake relationship that you made up is over." I turned away from her pushing through the crowd to get to my class.
***
I tried to talk to Aria and Maverick all day. None of them want to talk to or even look at me. I guess someone told Allie because every time I approached her she gave me an apologetic look and walked off.

I didn't even bother to go to lunch knowing they wouldn't let me sit with them anyway. Instead I just went down to the field and sat on the bleachers.

"You alright son?" Dad asked coming up to sit by me on the bleachers. We haven't talked much since the fight.

"Yeah just drama"

"What happened?"

"Do you know Kathy?"

"Kathy Simon?"

"Yeah I guess."

"What about her?"

"Well she's been bullying Aria for years. I met her on the first day of school not knowing much about her and I kinda flirted with her. Since me and Aria have been hanging out a lot lately I guess she got jealous or something. She told Aria that I was her boyfriend and she better stay away from me. Aria believed her. Maverick saw Aria crying in the hallway and she told him to ask me what happened. Then he saw  Kathy and me talking, her touching my bicep a split second before me throwing it off. Now they're both mad at me and won't talk to me. I think someone told Allie because she won't talk to me either. I don't know what to do?"

"Well son you gotta tell them the truth"

"How do I do that when they won't listen to me?"

"Make them listen. Make them hear the truth."

"Thanks dad"

"No problem son" after his advice he got up and left.

Maybe football isn't all he cares about.
***
Today in last period Aria didn't sit by me, which I was expecting after what happened today.