17~dance

"Maverick" I said as I rushed to his side. "What the hell did you do man?" I asked him.

"I was going to Allie's house to help her with something. Then this idiot ran a red light and I smacked into him. I'm fine though. Just a couple of bruises I can still play football just have to rest for a few days"

"Don't you ever scare me like that again" I smacked his head.

"Hey mom can you give us a minute? You too coach?" Maverick asked. They both nodded and silently left. "Man I'm sorry I actually believed that you and Kathy were dating."

"No dude I'm sorry. I would never do anything to hurt Aria."

"You better hope that's true because next time you won't have a concussion and you'll get your ass kicked."

"Trust me I know. I don't want to be the next Daniel Moore."

"Please don't bring that up. I was in fourth grade," he groaned.

"You punched him for holding a door for your crush." I laughed.

"I saw the mischievous look in his eyes"

"We were in fourth grade there was no mischievous look"
***
A few hours later I was sitting in my bef doing nothing, as always, and I realized I never told Aria everything was fine.

"Hey," I said into the phone.

"Are you okay? What happened? Is it your granny?" She asked immediately.

"Everything's fine it's just Maverick and his dumbass got himself in a wreck"

"Oh no is he okay?"

"Yeah he's fine just a couple bruises. It wasn't his fault though this idiot decided it was a good idea to run a red light and Maverick smashed into him."

"Okay i'm glad everything's alright."

"Me too"

"Well I gotta go mom's calling me for something. Bye."

"Bye"
***
Finally Friday rolled around and it was the first game I wasn't gonna play. I walked around the halls and orange was everywhere like every other Friday. It all felt weird. All these people were getting hyped for the game and I couldn't enjoy it. I can't be hyped for a game I'm not playing. As always I put on a fake smile and pretended that everything was okay.

"Hey guys" I said as I walked to the team. "I know I won't be on the field with y'all tonight but y'all better work your asses off"

After a minute or two of talking the team split up different ways. I walked to my locker which happened to be our unspoken meet up spot.

"Hey" was the first thing said to me. I grabbed the books for the first few classes. I hugged the girls.

The warning bell rang signaling class starts in five minutes. Allie and Maverick went to their classes. Aria and I just stood there.

I don't know where we're at. I haven't asked her out yet because every time I try I either get nervous or get interrupted.

Our classes are in the same direction until I turn and she keeps walking. We usually walk together as far as we can then part ways.

We got to our normal split up spot and I kept walking with her.

She looked up at me. "What are you doing?"

"Walking you to class" I grabbed her hand and interlocked our fingers. I saw her blush slightly.

"Why? you're gonna be late for class" I just shrugged my shoulders.