28~october 29 pt.2

"I'm coming over later," Aria said at the door.

"No you're not" I protested.

"Yep and I'm bringing a tub of chocolate ice cream to share"

"You have shakes ten minutes ago and you already want chocolate ice cream" I teased.

"I'm serious babe I wanna be with you today"

"And I'm serious I don't need you to take care of me"

"But I want to because...because I love you. "

"Why don't you just come for dinner then? It'll be ready in a couple hours."

"Perfect" she smiled before opening the door.

"What? No goodbye kiss?" I teased. She pecked me on the cheek and turned back towards the door. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into my chest. "Not good enough"

I reached down and gave her a real kiss. I held her close to my chest. She pulled away with a smile on her face.

"Better?" She asked.

"Much"

With one last peck she went into her house.
***
"Granny, Aria's coming for dinner"

"Oh honey I don't have enough steak for her"

"No worries I'll share with her"

"Why don't you just tell her not to come? Dad cut in.

"Because she's my girlfriend and I already told her she could come over"

"I'm just saying it would be easier-"

"What is your problem with Aria?"

"Nothing"

"Whatever"
***
"Maybe he's just stressed, man, you know what day it is," Maverick said from the phone.

"Yeah but that doesn't give him the right to be like that, dude, it's like he has something against her" I ranted.

"Maybe it's the fact that you don't ever have anyone over in this day and all of a sudden your having aria over"

"You're taking his side now?"

"No, not taking his side just trying to even things out"

I heard the doorbell ring. "Sorry dude I gotta split see ya tomorrow"

"See ya"

I jogged down the hall and to the door. "Hey babe" I kissed her cheek as she came in.

"Hey baby"

"Granny made steaks. She didn't know you were coming until last minute so you'll have to split one with me"

"That's fine I won't eat a big one anyway"

"Perfect"
***
"How was school today Aria?" Granny asked.

"It was...good. I was just worried about Adrien is all "

"Didn't you skip school?" Dad sharply interjected. I gave him a cold glare from across the table. I squeezed Aria's hand under the table.

She clears her throat before replying. "I left after lunch to come see how Adrien was doing"

"That's so sweet!" Granny gushed.

"Mom" dad scolded. I scolded him with another glare.

"What'd y'all two do when y'all left the house?" Granny smiled at Aria.

Before I could say anything, aria beat me to it. "I treated him to some milkshakes at Steak 'n Shake"

"That was awfully sweet of you"