5) Lips

Robin was making coffee at the kitchen counter, while Cyborg and Starfire sat at the table eating lunch. He poured the hot water into his favourite Batman flask.

It wasn't his favourite because it was Batman, but because his friends had all chipped in to buy it as a birthday present one year.

Beastboy and Raven came through the doorway as he began to stir his coffee around, so he swivelled to have a look.

Cyborg and Star stopped eating and looked at them, too.

"Good morning!"
Beastboy said loudly, flashing a smile at everybody.

"Well, is there something on my face?"
Raven asked with a frown. The others looked at each other with small smiles. Robin frowned as Beastboy sat down at the table. He squinted at Raven's face.

"Maybe not on your face, but there's a cut on your lip."
He said, which made her blush. Beastboy averted his gaze and coughed.

"Okay, if we are not to get the explanation, I will ask for it!"
Star said, putting her toast down.  Cyborg nodded,  a huge smirk on his face. Robin took a sip of his coffee and nodded also.

"Jesus, I woke up late!"
Raven exclaimed. Robin shook his head.

"You and Beastboy woke up late, came downstairs together, and now you have this cut on your lip."
He said very matter-of-fact like. Beastboy hooked his foot on the table and swung back on his chair.

"We had a total make out session last night."
He said, his expression remaining completely serious. Everybody gasped, but Raven groaned.

"That didn't happen."
She said quietly, smacking Beastboy on the arm.

Starfire put her elbows up on the table and rested her head in her hands, awaiting an explanation.

"I had a nightmare, so I went to Beastboy, got high, and slept there."
Raven said. Cyborg raised his eyebrows.

"Anything else?"
He asked. Raven rolled her eyes and turned around, leaving for her room. She didn't feel like breakfast with all these stupid questions.

"We did it!"
Beastboy said loudly, making sure Raven could hear him. Raven held up a middle finger and shouted in reply;

"That was a lie!"

But as she walked up the stairs to her room, she felt butterflies erupt inside of her, and not only in her stomach.

It was only a kiss.

She told herself, but nothing could stop her feelings for Beastboy wiggling their way into her mind.

Downstairs, Beastboy's mind filled itself with images of Raven, and he began to feel the butterflies too.

They both sighed at the same time.

Calm down...

They told themselves, and carried on like nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

Only it had.

Smol chapter :^)