28) The Railroad

(Again, ttg or not, B.E.R have some talent)

"Holy shit!"
Beastboy exclaimed. He was in the abandoned railway station with Mike and Raven, and they were admiring all of the art and graffiti that had taken over the place. He had just found a mural for somebody, sprayed onto the wall of an old train carriage that was rusted and broken.

Raven and Mike stared in awe at the mural. There was a picture of somebody who looked like they could have been a grandparent or an elderly neighbour plastered onto the wall, and there were images of flowers and animals painted around it so that they filled the entire carriage wall. Raven felt drawn to this idea.

The idea that even though the picture was small, and the woman wasn't even known by them, the flowers and nature that were surrounding her were huge, protecting her and representing the person she was.

Mike turned around and wandered for a while, seeking out other works of art. There were dozens of tags all over everything, but nothing as artistic as what they had just discovered.

He dropped the bag he had on his back and fished out three cans of spray paint. He threw one to Raven and one to Beastboy. They smiled at him.

"Smart!"
Beastboy said, and Mike shrugged, shaking up his can.

Only minutes later, and they were creating masterpieces on the walls of the station. Raven had sprayed a purple bird onto the wall, wings spread out in flight. Beastboy presumed it was a Raven. He then had an idea.

He got his own green can and shook it up, spraying something next to the Raven. It looked like a bear, but it was unmistakably Beastboy in his beast form. Mike nodded and shook up his can of black paint.

At the bottom of the wall he sprayed words in artistic writing, creating shadows and shines with only one simple colour.

'The bird and the beast', it read. Raven and Beastboy smiled and took steps back from the wall, admiring what they had done. Raven snapped a photo of it and opened Instagram. She tagged both Mike and Beastboy and posted it, a smile plastered on her face.

"It was too good not to share."
She said, and the two boys agreed. They wandered for a while longer, but eventually knew it was time to leave. The sun was setting, and it splashed streaks of orange and pink across the horizon, making them feel warm inside. Mike walked slightly ahead, but Beastboy wrapped his arms around Raven and stared up at the sky.

"Everytime I see a sunset, I admire it like it's the last time I'll see it."
He said quietly. Raven took his hand and they caught up with Mike, still admiring the art that was present above their heads.

 Raven took his hand and they caught up with Mike, still admiring the art that was present above their heads

By the time they reached home, the sky was black. Beastboy and Raven invited Mike to come in with them, so he did. He set down his bag on the kitchen table and sat next to Beastboy, who sat back and smiled.

"That was great."
He said, and Raven nodded. Mike wanted to speak, but he felt his phone ring in his pocket.

"Hello?"
He said warily. He squinted his eyes, the person at the other end obviously shouting. He turned off the phone and stood up abruptly.

"Sorry, I gotta go. We still up for the mall tomorrow?"
He said, and the other two nodded. He got up and ran quickly, shutting the door softly but sprinting the rest of the way home.

Robin came in and opened the fridge, pulling out a can of fanta and then sitting down.

"Where were you guys?"
He asked, opening the can and taking a sip.

"The old train station."
Raven said, and Robin sighed.

"Are you two ever going to act responsibly?"
He asked. Beastboy shook his head and smiled.

"Nope!"
He exclaimed. Raven laughed.

"Who owns the bag?"
Robin asked, poking the bag that was still on the table. Raven raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, that's Mike's, he must have forgotten it."
She replied. Robin nodded and stood up, going upstairs to his room. Beastboy put his feet up on the table and leaned back in his chair.

"Should we give it to him now?"
He asked. Raven just shook her head.

"We're meeting up with him tomorrow, remember?"
Let's just give it to him there. Beastboy frowned slightly.

"I wonder why he wants to meet us there, when we live just three doors away."
He said, but Raven shrugged.

"There's a lot of things we still don't know about him, Gar."

I can't believe how fast I've updated this book. Usually I have writer's block all the time but because of being stuck inside I've been able to update a lot!

Anyways, next chapter is going to be BIG. And I mean really big. It's the second last chapter, but it's gonna have the most feels.

Y'all are gonna hate me, and that's all I'm saying