23) More Plans

"How's mom and dad?"
He said, and Raven felt sick. Memories swarmed over her in a wave, and took her hostage in their strong grip. She couldn't breathe, and all she could see as she blacked out was Beastboy's parents...

Raven woke up. Beads of sweat were gathered on her forehead, and her throat was as dry as a desert. She noticed her bedroom was still dark, and Beastboy was still snoring loudly and hugging her in his sleep. She grabbed her phone and checked the time.

Why do I always wake up at four in the morning?

She thought to herself. She closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't work, so instead she slowly and quietly moved out of Beastboy's grasp and slipped a pillow into his arms, which he hugged tightly.

Raven tip-toed out to the balcony, and saw Cyborg leaning on the ledge, peering out into the night sky. She propped her arms up beside him and he turned to her.

His eyes trailed to the bruise that spread from above her eyebrow to the edge of her cheekbone. He also noticed her knuckles, which were cut and had dry blood all over them. He shook his head.

"So, what happened?"
Cyborg asked quietly, turning back to the sky. Raven looked down at her knuckles and shrugged. She couldn't really remember the details, only key bits like punching and getting punched.

"They wouldn't leave us alone. Once that idiot punched Garfield, I just lost my shit."
She replied, stuffing her hands into her hoodie pockets. Cybrig nodded, and then smiled.

"You like Beasty's clothes, then?"
He teased, nudging her slightly. She looked down at the hoodie and sighed, but she couldn't deny it.

"Yup. They smell good."

Cyborg laughed, but then realized she was serious. She rolled her eyes but laughed with him. The breeze started to pick up, but it was warm. It brushed against Raven's bruise and made her wince, but it felt soothing all the same. Raven sort of liked how she had a bruise.

Not a swollen eye, so it wasn't bad looking, but something that would tell people she's been through shit without telling them she got battered. Everybody else in the house disagreed, but she knew that Beastboy was secretly digging his purple jawline.

Her knuckles were a different story. They were cracked, and bled everytime she picked something up. Beastboy's were the same. They thought it was a reasonable price to pay for standing up to their attackers.

When morning came, Robin was less cross with Beastboy and Raven and more concerned for them. He made them breakfast and forced them to bandage up their hands, although Beastboy commented that this could be his way of stopping them from touching each other.

"Beastboy, your bandages are just not done correctly!"
Starfire exclaimed, frowning at his hands, which were poorly wrapped. Raven tried to help, but she could barely bend her own fingers, so Star had to fix them for him. She kept a frown as she did so.

"You two just have to be more careful."
She said as she finished wrapping Beastboy's hands. He mumbled a grumpy thank you and sipped from his glass of apple juice, and Raven nodded, her eyes fixed on the table.

Somebody knocked on the front door and Robin went to get it. Soon Mike was in the kitchen, staring in shock at the pair before him.

"My dad told me what happened, but Jesus!"
He exclaimed, eying the bruises and bandages on their hands.

"You're lucky we didn't do this to you last time you annoyed Raven."
Beastboy joked, and he just smiled.

Mike set his bag down on a chair and sat beside Beastboy, a huge grin on his face. Raven was extremely confused.

"How would you feel about grabbing a bite to eat?"
He asked, and Beastboy nodded, clutching his stomach.

"I am actually starving."
He said, and Raven nodded too. Starfire squealed in excitement, and of course she had to be allowed to tag along. Raven didn't mind as long as Mike was proving how sorry he was.

"Well then, let us go!"
Star exclaimed, and bolted for the door.

I really don't like this chapter wtf, anyways, I have a heck of a twist coming!