11) Boys

Beastboy, Raven and Cyborg lay unconscious on the floor, and Starfire sobbed next to their bodies.
"How could you?"

Robin woke up with a sudden jolt. He sat up and tried to slow his breaths, but the dream kept replaying in his head.

It was now day three of dreaming about his friends dying, and of him being responsible for it.

He checked his alarm clock.

4:31am

A familiar sigh escaped Robin's lips as he quietly swung his legs over the side of his bed, making sure not to wake a sleeping alien beside him.

Ever since he had formed the Titans, Robin had these dreams. Visions of his team members dying under his command, becoming injured under his watch.

Once they had quit, the dreams seemed to go away. But now they were coming back to haunt him.

Creeping out of his bedroom, Robin went downstairs and made his way to the usual nightmare - relieving spot- the pool.

He was surprised to see Beastboy sitting on the edge, his legs dangling in the water.

"Sup?"
Robin asked, sitting next to him. He pulled up the legs of his pyjamas and let his feet dangle, too. Beastboy looked at him from the corner of his eye.

"Why are you wearing my shirt as a pyjama top?"
He asked, smirking. Robin looked down and sighed, now noticing the 'The Kinks' band logo sprawled across it.

"It ended up in my closet, so I wore it."

They both sat in silence for a moment, neither of them sure what to say.

Beastboy felt a slight comfort in their lack of conversation.

They had never been extremely close, Beastboy and Robin, but somehow there was always that feeling that they had each other's backs. Even when Beastboy made Robin want to scream sometimes, they always had a balanced friendship in the end.

"Rob... Have you ever made a really big mistake? Like so big that you're like... Fuck?"
Beastboy asked, swishing his legs around some more. Robin shrugged.

"I've made a lot of mistakes."
He said, sighing and laying back so that he faced the stars, his feet going numb from the freezing water.

Beastboy leaned back on his two arms, looking up into the sky too.

"If me and Rae are coming off as distant in the next few days, don't take it personally."
He said. Robin nodded.

"Ok."

After another few moments of silence, Beastboy lay back to join his friend.

"How have you been lately, Beastboy? We don't really talk so much."
Robin asked.

"I'm cool. I used to have nightmares but... The weed helped sort that one out."

Robin rolled his eyes.

"Was becoming a stoner really the only way out?"
He asked, and Beastboy smirked.

"Probably not, but it's pretty lit."

Robin cringed.

"Was that meant to be a pun?"
He exclaimed, covering his face with his hands. Beastboy laughed.

"Yup."

And for now, they felt no trouble. No trouble at all.

Hehe