29) Romeo + Juliet

(This is the song that gave me all the feels for this chapter, if you want to listen while reading. Of course you don't have to! But I recommend it)

Raven admired Beastboy's outfit. He wore a shirt again, but a different one. It was purple, and it had white flowers patterned all over it. He wore denim shorts and Robin's white shoes. Where his shirt was unbuttoned, you could see his golden chains that made Raven's heart flutter.

Beastboy admired Raven's outfit. She was wearing a white dress that buttoned up the front from the waistband to the neck, and she had a chain on with a cross on it. Raven always thought that white would wash her out, but Beastboy thought that it made her look even more beautiful.

Robin and Star waved them off, as they held their little kitten together. Cyborg drove them to the mall. He was going out anyways, and Beastboy had just begged him to drive them to Mike before he went.

Cy started the car and they began their short journey. Raven smiled at Beastboy.

"You look really nice."
She said quietly, not wanting Cyborg to hear. Beastboy smiled.

"You look really nice, too."
He said, also quietly. Cyborg smiled as he pulled up into the parking lot, not letting them know that he could hear them. Eventually they got to the mall, and so they got out of the car.

"Do you have his bag?"
Raven asked. Beastboy held up the bag that Mike had left on their kitchen table. They made their way to the parking lot stairs. Mike had told them that he was up there fixing something in his car, so to make things easier they decided to just meet him there.

As they walked up the stairs Beastboy swung Raven's hand up and down playfully and hummed a song that he had on repeat the night before. Raven rolled her eyes but secretly loved when he was excited like this.

When they reached the third floor, Raven looked around with a frown. There was only two or three cars, and the only person she could see was Mike. He smiled and waved over at them.

They ran over to him with huge smiles.

"What's up?''
Beastboy asked, punching his arm playfully. He shrugged and turned to his car. The bonnet was open, and he was messing with something in the engine.

Raven and Beastboy gave each other an awkward look. His back was now facing them, and they weren't sure what to say, so Raven just coughed quietly.

"We have your bag."
She said. He nodded and pulled at something.

"Great, thanks, could you get me the wrench in there?"
He asked. Beastboy frowned.

Why does he have a wrench in his bag?

Raven zipped it open and stuck her hand in, rummaging around for the wrench. They were a couple of metres behind him now, so Beastboy whispered into Raven's ear.

"He's acting a bit weird."
He hissed. Raven shook her head and continued to search.

"He's just being Mike."
She said in reply. Beastboy bit his lip, unsure. His eye caught something familiar sticking out of the bag, and he pulled it out.

"Gar!"
Raven hissed, but he continued to pull it until it was in his hands. The two of them gasped.

It was a picture of Raven.

Not any picture of Raven, however, a picture of Raven yesterday, sitting in her bedroom. Beastboy felt sick to his stomach.

Something was seriously wrong.

Raven pulled out more papers and gasped at what she found.

Info on Raven
Info on Beastboy