14) The Appointment

Cyborg sat down next to Beastboy, who was lying on his stomach on the couch. He felt proud of the changeling. Not for what happened, but for how he handled it. So far, both him and Raven were being very calm about the situation. As far as the others could see, at least.

"Yo, Beasty!"
Cyborg called, giving him a nudge. He woke up from his nap and yawned, exposing his fangs.

"Aw, those lil fangs get me every time!"
Cy teased. Beastboy sat up and shoved him playfully.

"Sup, dude?"
He said. Cyborg shrugged and sat back, resting his head on his hands, elbows sticking out.

"Oh, I dunno... maybe it's just that we're all waiting to bring you and Raven-"

"Shit!"
Beastboy stood up straight away and grabbed both his phone and his hoodie, not hesitating to sprint out the door. Cyborg followed suit.

From the car Raven held a middle finger to Beastboy, with a huge fake smile on her face. He couldn't tell if she was joking or not, but it didn't matter.

Once they were all in the car, they made their way to the clinic.

"So, how you feeling Raven?"
Robin asked from the drivers seat. He looked at her from the rear-view mirror. She shrugged and put her feet up on the back of Starfire's chair, tying the laces on her boots.

"It'll be over soon."
She mumbled. Beastboy nudged her and laughed, but stopped when he got the glare of a lifetime. Cy patted the back of Robin's chair and pointed out the window.

"Sign says go left."
The car turned left, and Starfire turned around.

"So, how does this work? It is very interesting!"

The three in the back looked at each other awkwardly.

"Hey, we're here!"
Robin said, distracting the Tamaranian from her questions. They were still about five minutes away, but it was easier to answer questions about how long was left of the journey than it was questions about ending a pregnancy.

Eventually, they arrived. Raven and Beastboy clambered out of the car and the others have their best wishes to Raven, giving her hugs which she pretended to have but secretly loved.

They drove off, and left the pair alone in the parking lot.

"Shall we?"
Beastboy said in a stereotypical posh English accent, and Raven rolled her eyes, taking his hand as they went inside.

There was a surprisingly welcoming feeling in the air, and the walls and chairs in the waiting room were soft hues of pastel yellows and pinks. The woman at the reception desk beamed at them as they came in.

"Hi, I've an appointment for Raven? Oh, sorry, Rachel-"
Raven began, but the woman handed her a form and clipboard over the counter.

"It's okay sweetie, I know who you are."

After the form was filled out, Raven was called into another room. Beastboy hugged her tightly and she hugged him back, her nerves taking over.

"It will be okay."
Beastboy reassured her.

And then she was gone.

Beastboy turned on his heels to a familiar scene; some people staring in recognition, some in confusion. But what caught him off guard was the boy who sat in the corner, reading a magazine. He had tears running down his face.

"Mike?"
Beastboy asked, sitting across from him. It was unfortunately the safest option, giving the looks he was getting from the women in the room.