24) The Kitten

The four teens were sitting in the ice cream parlor on the boardwalk, eating sundaes that were stacked to the extreme. Some people stared, as they could recognise the Titans, and some stared because of the current injuries of both Raven and Beastboy.

Raven thought it was funny, because the more she thought about it, the more it looked like they were actually in a fight with each other.

"So, Mike. How are things at home now? Did speaking with us help your trouble?"
Star asked sweetly, as she tied her hair long into a plait. Mike nodded and played with his ice cream with his spoon.

"It helped me personally, considering that now I can talk to actual people and not just my stupid brother or my dad."

Beastboy frowned.

"What about your mom? She seemed nice."
He asked, but Mike just shook his head.

"She doesn't live with us. She just came for the abortion."
He said, and Raven tensed up. She had forgotten all about that.

"When we're finished these, can we get out and walk or something? It's really hot in here."
She asked, and everybody nodded in agreement. Because they were sitting next to the window, the sun shine directly onto them, and their eyes were being blinded by it's light that was reflecting off of the sea below the boardwalk.

As they walked down the wooden walkway, Star kept babbling on and on to Mike, so Beastboy and Raven could talk.

"Do you think our bruises are kinda cool? I mean, they hurt like a bitch, but they look pretty sick."
Beastboy said, and Raven smiled.

"I have to admit, they really are making me feel like a gangster."
She replied. She only now noticed that he was wearing a dad shirt again, only this time it was blue and was decorated with peach coloured flowers. He had it buttoned only halfway, and Raven couldn't deny that it was a look.

"Nice shirt."
She said, nudging him with her elbow. Beastboy smiled and looked down at it with pride.

"Yeah, I found a ton of them shoved at the back of my drawer, and I think they look pretty sexy."

Raven laughed and shook her head. She looked at his shirt some more, then his golden chains and bracelet. Then she gasped.

"I know who you're reminding me of now!"
She exclaimed, and Beastboy nodded, his fangs flashing as he smiled.

"Yeah?"
He asked. Raven nodded.

"Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo and Juliet! You're the walking double!"
She laughed, and Beastboy kept smiling.

"That's who I was going for."
He said quietly, and the look of accomplishment was just scribbled on his face. Raven sighed.

"Well, Romeo, you look good."
She said with a smirk. Beastboy kissed her softly on the cheek.

"Well, Juliet, I can say the same about you."

Starfire squealed suddenly and grabbed Beastboy's arm in excitement. Everybody winced.

"Jesus Star, relax!"
Beastboy said with a laugh, shaking out his arm that was just squeezed to death. Mike rubbed his ears.

"What was that even about?"
He asked, but Star was already at the shop window, hunched over and playing with something on the other side of the glass.

The others went over to see what she was looking at, and Raven let out a small 'aw'.

There was a tiny golden kitten on the other side of the glass, relaxing on a pillow in it's small box. Mike smiled at the kitten, and Beastboy did too. Star stood up and bit her lip as she faces her friends, her attention particularly focused on the two she lived with.

"Please can I get it? I have money, I'll pay myself! I can buy all the food, all the things we need!"
She pleaded, her eyes widening as she begged and begged. Raven shrugged.

"I would love to get it, but I think Robin is the one you should be asking. He's the pet freak."
She said. Beastboy nodded.

"If you can't get him, you always have me!"
He said with a smile, but Raven shook her head.

"You get enough attention."
She smirked as he stuck his tongue out at her. Mike tilted his head slightly to the side.

"How come Robin doesn't like pets?"
He asked, and both Starfire and Raven turned to Beastboy. The changeling laughed awkwardly and shrugged.

"One time last year, I brought home two pets. A dog, and a bird."

Mike nodded, still confused.

"They were stray."
Raven added, but Beastboy shook his head.

"They were lost. Anyways, they basically wrecked everyone's bedrooms, the common room, the kitchen. Then I got in so much trouble I had to do everybody's chores for a month."
He explained. Mike laughed and looked down at the tiny ball of fluff, who was now touching the window with his paw.

"Maybe this time, since he's not stray, there won't be that much of a problem."
He said, and Raven nodded. Star got out her phone and immediately called Robin. After a couple of promises being made, she hung up and literally jumped up and down. She ran into the shop immediately and the others followed.

They all chipped in, even Mike, and the kitten was theirs. They even had enough to get food and supplies for him too.

As they walked home, Starfire held her nose up to the box, letting the kitten play with her. Raven smiled at him.

"What are you gonna call him?"
She asked. Starfire shrugged.

"I am not sure. Naming a cat takes a lot of time, so I will have to contemplate."
She replied. Beastboy turned into a small cat and got into the box, snuggling up with the kitten. Raven rolled her eyes.

"Seriously?"

She said, but Mike and Star just laughed.

(This is how I picture all of Beastboy's outfits from now on! Since he found the dad shirts lol.)

)