20) What to Wear?

Raven sat on Starfire's bed with her arms crossed and her eyebrows furrowed. The sky outside was getting dark, and it set a strange orangey hue across the room. Star emptied out a shopping bag from the day before, which revealed dresses and skirts of all kinds.

"Okay, Raven. You can choose whatever you want! Anything except my white dress over there."

Star pointed over at a tight fitting white frock that was hanging in her door handle, just begging to be worn. Raven frowned.

"White would just completely wash me out, and I do not want to wear anything tight."
She responded. Star just giggled and grabbed the dress from her door, flying as fast as she could to the bathroom. Raven sighed.

Starfire had so much clothes, yet it felt like there was nothing before her. It was all so tight, so Starfire. Not so Raven.

Raven stood up and looked through the dresses that were hanging in the closet.

Only then did she realise that the door was open, and that a certain green someone was standing there, watching her.

"Please help me."
She pleaded, closing the closet and waving her arms towards the bed that was littered with glittery outfits. Beastboy came in and frowned, picking up a skinny black dress and holding it up to himself. Raven grabbed it off him and threw it on the pile.

"I don't want to wear any of this."
She grumbled, sitting down and massaging her temples. Beastboy shrugged, and leaned back against the wall.

"You don't have to."
He said. Raven shook her head.

"We're already going to be stared at, and most girls dress up in all these kinds of things."
She said, standing in front of the mirror with a velvety grey dress held up to her body. Beastboy came into view behind her, smiling.

"It doesn't matter. As long as you're comfortable, who cares?"
He asked. Raven turned to him.

"I do."

Beastboy sighed and took her hands into his.

"You're going to be beautiful no matter what you wear."
He said. Raven groaned and began to pack all of Starfire's things back away. Beastboy helped her and once it was tidy he took her hand and steered her into his room. Robin raised an eyebrow at them from his room, but didn't pay too much attention to them.

Raven gasped when she saw his room. There were no cans on the floor, no pieces of rubbish, and all of the things he liked to smoke were tidied away somewhere. Even his bed was made, and it looked like less of a matress, and more like a normal bed, even though he always made a point of how pointless he thought bedframes were.

Beastboy pulled open his chest of drawers and closed his eyes. He then ripped out a random shirt and a pair of shorts. Raven frowned at him.

"What are you doing?"
She asked, still looking around occasionally to admire his cleaning skills. He played out the clothes and smiled.

"This, mama Rae, is what I'm wearing."
He said, nodding at the outfit before him.

"A pink Hawaiian dad shirt and denim shorts?"
Raven asked, a smile creeping up onto her lips. Beastboy nodded and went over to the other end of his room. He pulled out a chain and a pair of sunglasses and flung them onto his bed.

"And an outfit is born!"
He exclaimed. Raven was smiling, but she was still unsure.

"So... you're gonna go to Saints dressed like a forty year-old man on holidays in the Bahamas?"
She asked. Beastboy nodded.

"Yup."
He took Raven's hand again and led her to her own bedroom.

"Now you do the same."
He said, pointing over to her closet. Raven began to shake her head, but Beastboy blocked the doorway with his arms and legs so she couldn't escape.

"I ain't leaving till you do!"
He laughed.Raven opened her closet reluctantly and closed her eyes. She grabbed the first two things she felt from either end of the closet, and threw them onto her bed.

Beastboy laughed again, and she opened her eyes warily.

"Aww, you stole my shirt!"
He said, walking over to her bed. Raven groaned.

What was layed out before her was a simple white t-shirt with the 'Bloodwitch' logo in the corner belonging to Beastboy, and a black skirt that slightly flared. She shook her head.

"Well look, it's your stupid vinyl band."
She mumbled, and Beastboy snickered. He held up the skirt to her and nodded.

"Just above the knee, nice."
He teased, and Raven glared at him. She went to her dresser and grabbed a choker and some earnings, before throwing them onto her bed.

"Guess I'm wearing this, then."
She said, her features in a frown, but in the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of the photos from the booth the day before. She smiled and turned to Beastboy, who winked at her and left to get changed.

Beastboy closed his bedroom door and got changed. As he buttoned up the large pink shirt, he laughed at the pineapples that were scattered all over it. He only buttoned it up halfway, before adding his chain and slinging his sunglasses onto the top button.

He looked in the mirror and smiled. He looked good. Kind of strange for a night club, but not completely trashy. And besides, he was doing it for Raven.

Beastboy went to Robin's room and knocked on the open door, instantly being choked by the smell of aftershave that danced in the air. Robin looked up to him, halfway through tying his laces. He was wearing a black bomber jacket over a white t-shirt, and jeans covered his legs.

"Nice shirt."
He said with a smile. Beastboy smiled back at him in an attempt to butter him up.

"Can I borrow some kicks? I won't get them dirty, I promise!"
He asked, clapping his hands together as though in prayer. Robin rolled his eyes, but nodded.

"Fine. They're in that box over there."
He gestured towards a box under his bed and Beastboy pulled it out and immediately grabbed the white air-force runners that were sitting on top of the pile. As he ran out of the room, Robin called after him.

"If you destroy them, you can get me a new pair!"

Starfire came out of the bathroom just as Beastboy was about to knock on Raven's door. She smiled at him and did a twirl.

"What do you think? I hope these shoes will not hurt later on."
She said with a pout, brandishing her white lace up heel boots. Beastboy nodded, and knocked on the door.

"You look great, Star!"
He said, and she ran off giggling to Robin's room. Raven's door glowed a soft purple before it opened. Beastboy came in and his eyes lit up when he saw her standing there.

Raven stood facing her mirror, sporting Beastboy's shirt tucked into her skirt. She had red converse on, which matched with the Bloodwitch logo on her chest, and her hair was curled slightly so it looked loose and bouncy. Beastboy stood behind her and admired her in the mirror, looping his hands around her waist from behind.

"Bloodwitch looks good on you."
He said with a smirk. Raven smiled and looked at her outfit once more before sitting down on her bed. Beastboy sat next to her and pulled 'his' shoes on.

Cyborg knocked on the door and peeped into the room.

"We should go now if we want to be fashionably late."
He said, and went to leave, but he peeped back in and looked at Raven and Beastboy with a smile.

"You two look good!"
He said, and Beastboy smiled.

"C'mon let's see the fit."
He said, and Cyborg came in slowly, doing a twirl as though he was a ballerina. He wore a blue t-shirt and black jeans, but even so he looked dressed up. He bumped his shoes off Beastboy's and they did some weird chant about wearing matching shoes, so Raven grabbed her phone and her jacket, leading them downstairs. Robin and Starfire soon followed after them, and they all got into the car together.