8) The Morning After

Raven woke up with a pounding headache.

Instinctively, she reached out to grab her phone, but she soon realised that she didn't have her phone, and that she wasn't even in her own bedroom.

Slowly, she lifted up the duvet. Of course, she found herself with nothing but a bra on.

"Well, fuck me..."
She muttered, reaching around the floor next to her for her clothes.

"Again?"
Came Beastboy's voice. He was only waking up, but he wore the biggest smirk ever to be seen. Raven shoved him and sighed.

"Shut up."

Beastboy sat up and stretched his arms out, yawning as he did so. Raven sat up too, only bothering to cover herself from her waist down. She went to speak, but a loud knock on the door stopped her.

"Yo, Beasty? Robin made pancakes."
Cyborg boomed. Beastboy rolled his eyes and croaked back a rocky "Okay, cool". Raven pulled on her clothes once she heard Cyborg leave, and stood up promptly.

"If Robin made them, they're probably shit."
Beastboy said, as Raven nodded and fixed her hair in the mirror. He discretely pulled on tracksuit bottoms and stood up to join Raven.

"Do you have to be topless all the time?"
Raven commented, gazing down at his bare abdomen. Beastboy nodded.

"Yeah, I do."
He leaned in to kiss Raven, but she turned her head so that he pecked her cheek instead.

"Time for pancakes, Garfield."
She said, smirking and heading downstairs.

Beastboy shook his head and followed her, as his lips etched a smile onto his face.

Heads turned the second they walked through the door. Before the pair could even walk any further, Starfire hurried over and stuck a finger in Beastboy's face.

"Friend Beastboy, promise me you won't make her cry!"
She exploded, her nose nearly touching his. Beastboy's eyes widened and he laughed nervously. Robin grabbed her hand and pulled her away, shaking his head and raising his eyebrows.

"Well, what were you saying about us, then?"
Raven asked, sitting down and swinging her feet up onto the table. Beastboy crossed his arms and leaned against the wall, frowning at frantic Starfire.

"What? Come on, we weren't talking about you!"
Cyborg sang, shovelling down his breakfast. Raven rolled her eyes.

Robin slid a plate of pancakes and a cup of tea in front of her, and another plate to an empty spot where Beastboy sat.

"So uh, how are you after last night?"
Robin asked, nodding towards Raven. She spat out some of her tea and coughed, while Beastboy laughed at her. Raven shoved him and shook her head.

"What are you talking about, Robin?"
She asked, wiping her mouth. Cyborg snickered quietly at the counter, where he put his plate into the sink.

"I was just checking if you were still feeling weird about that Mike guy."

Raven felt her breathing pick up normally again, and she sighed in relief.

"Oh yeah, it's not really bothering me."
She said, feeling a wave of relief wash over her. Beastboy looked at her from the corner of his eye.

He admired her dark hair, her pale skin, her beautiful eyes. He thought about how brave she was, how she was confident and cool in all the right situations. He thought about-

"Yes, Garfield?"
Raven mumbled, heat rising into her cheeks under his gaze. She admired his forest-like hair, his green skin and his perfect smile. How he never seemed to care about how others judged him, how funny he was. She thought about-

"Am I not allowed look at your face?"
Beastboy asked with a smile. The others were having their own conversation at the sink, so he leaned in and whispered into Raven's ear.

"Cause I've seen more than your face at this point, Rae."

Raven turned to him and gave him a huge glare, but she still found herself wanting him to speak again, wanting him to touch her again...

"Beastboy, Careful!"
Starfire called, giving him another scowl.

"I'm sorry, are you jealous or something?"
Beastboy responded, now resting his head on Raven's shoulder. His fang flashed with his goofy smile.

"Why would I want to be with Raven?"
Star asked, crossing her arms.

"I don't feel attraction towards females!"
She exclaimed, while Beastboy face palmed.

"I mean, you are with Robin, so..."
Cyborg commented, earning laughs from everybody except Robin.

"Seriously?"
He grumbled. He tried to remain cross, but he couldn't hide his smile. It was moments like these that he treasured.

Moments where they all laughed together, where they made fun of each other for some laughs, where they felt connected.

It wasn't easy leaving their life of crime fighting behind. Everything they'd ever known since they had met, everything that they learned to adapt to, everything that gave them some purpose, was now gone.

There were valid reasons, due to both the physical and the mental health of all of the Titans. It was the right thing to do.

"We haven't gone out in a while, friend Raven. Do you wanna go shopping sometime?"
Star asked, effortlessly flicking her silky bubblegum hair over her shoulder. Raven nodded, smiling at her.

"Sure, couldn't hurt."

Oof I'm so tired, hopefully I'll update tomorrow, not certain though cause we have a lot of schoolwork to catch up on cause of lockdown !

Hope you enjoyed the short chapter :)