22) We go to Bed

"I can't believe you got into a fight!"
Robin exclaimed. He was pacing the living room as Raven and Beastboy sat on the couch like children who just drew with markers on the wall.

Cyborg sat on the other couch, watching the commotion. Starfire sat beside Raven, holding an ice pack up to her temple. Beastboy held a bag of frozen peas up to his jaw.

"You should have walked away!"
Robin said, shaking his head. He sounded mad, but really he was just upset about the whole incident. He had been called names outside before, but only stupid remarks about Batman and being a sidekick. He couldn't relate to being called a freak, and so he pitied his friends.

Beastboy rolled his eyes and licked the blood from his lip.

"We were defending ourselves."
He grumbled, and Robin tried to argue back, but somebody knocked on the front door instead. Cyborg checked his watch.

"Who's knocking at one in the morning?"
He asked with a frown. Robin went out to the hall and opened the door. He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Sorry to intrude, but is this the residence of Garfield Logan and Rachel Roth?"
The police officer asked, taking out a notepad and a pen. Robin nodded and invited him inside. He sat next to Cyborg and gave the two with ice packs a pointed look. The police officer walked to the centre of the room, and sighed loudly when he saw their current state.

Beastboy was just grateful that it wasn't Mike's dad standing before him.

"Garfield, Rachel, I need to get some statements from you. There were calls about an incident on the boardwalk with two other teens, and we have to investigate it, that's all."

The other three Titans left the room and left them on their own.

Raven shook her head and instantly regretting it as she could feel her nose filling up again.

"They called us freaks. We tried to get away from them, but they wouldn't fuck off!"
She exclaimed. Beastboy bit his lip, nervous that her language could get them in trouble, but the officer just nodded and took some notes down. He nodded towards Beastboy.

"I started the actual punching. But only because one of them said something about our parents."
He said, taking the ice pack away from his jaw. The officer winced when he saw the size of the mark on his skin, and closed the notepad. He sighed and checked his watch.

"Look. I'm tired, you're tired. I just needed your statements, so I'll be going now."
He said, and walked towards the door. Beastboy stood up suddenly and felt his vision spin.

"Are we in trouble?"
He asked, but the officer smiled and shook his head.

"I think you've suffered enough for one night."
Raven let out a sigh of relief that she didn't realise she was holding in, and the officer went out to his car. Beastboy and Raven went to the door, and the officer called out to them.

"Try to stay safe!"
He said, and got into the car.

Robin cleared his throat from behind them and folded his arms.

"You two are so lucky."
He said, and went upstairs, Starfire following. Cyborg patted Raven on the shoulder and went upstairs too.

Beastboy turned to her.

"First I get you pregnant, and then we get into a fist fight. What next?"
He said with a smirk. Raven couldn't believe he was joking at a time like this, but she smiled anyways.

"We go to bed."
She said, and went upstairs, her head thumping in sync with her heart. Beastboy made puppy eyes as she tried to close her door, so she gave into him and let him climb in beside her under the covers.

With his head on her shoulder, she sighed.

What a Summer so far.

She thought, and shut her eyes.

Short chapter! Not sure why I didn't add this to the end of the last one but I felt like having it seperrated I suppose. Also, I have no idea what happens with the police when you get into fights, but as far as I'm sure in my area you can get a warning.

So, ya.

Comment what you think of my story so far!