17) The New Guy (pt. 1)

The sun shined brighter than white, and the heat was undeniably stronger. Starfire loved this type of weather. Ever since coming to Earth all those years ago, she never found one single day that could beat those of a hot Summer.

She sat now in the living room, watching TV and fanning herself with her hand. She wanted to go outside, perhaps to the back garden, but she was really enjoying 'Say Yes to the Dress'. Raven absolutely hated that show, but Star could never understand why.

Just as the bride-to-be was about to choose her gown, a soft knock sounded on the front door. Star paused the television and glanced at the time.

14:02.

Getting up, she hoped she didn't look as sweaty as she felt. Her worries were washed away when Robin stood at the doorstep, two bags of shopping in his hands.

"Oh, Robin! I didn't realise you were gone."
Starfire said with a smile, taking a bag from him and walking further into the house.

"Hey, Star."
Robin was about to close the door behind him when he heard footsteps at the foot of the driveway.

"Hi, sorry, I don't want to be barging in in you all."
Star continued into the kitchen, not hearing the voice. Robin turned towards it and raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"
He asked. Mike gulped and messed with his fingers.

"Is Raven there?"
He asked, worry laced all over his face. Robin smiled slightly, finding it amusing how scared he was, as he really didn't find himself to be so terrifying.

"She's upstairs. Wait here, I'll get her."
He shut the door over slightly and set his bag down, going up to Raven's room.

He knocked gently on her door.

Inside, Beastboy and Raven were still sleeping, despite it being halfway through the day. Raven opened her eyes and groaned, feeling unbelievably hot from both the temperature outside and from Beastboy, who was hugging her waist like she was a teddy bear.

She sat up slowly and yawned, only now hearing Robin's knocks. Beastboy stirred, but stayed asleep.

"Yeah?"
Raven asked, stretching her arms above her head. Robin gasped behind the door.

"Were you asleep?!"
He exclaimed. Raven shook her head and lay back down, smiling as Beastboy nuzzled into her. Robin rolled his eyes and grabbed the doorhandle.

"I'm coming in in three! Two..."

He swung the door open, and now only Beastboy sat up, yelling and covering his bare chest as though he was a girl. Robin massaged the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

"Uh, Raven? Mike wants you."
He said, turning around and walking towards the stairs.

"He's at the front door!"

Raven shot up and groaned, rubbing her eyes roughly.

"Mike? At the door?"
She grumbled. Beastboy got out of bed and walked to the door. Raven scoffed.

"Where are you going?"
She asked, eyebrows raised. He winked and turned out the doorway, heading towards his room.

"Bed!"
He called. Raven got up and pulled on a blanket, wrapping it around her shoulders. It was so hot that she wanted to rip it right off, but she didn't want to be seen in a sports bra and shorts by her neighbour.

When downstairs, she opened the door and tucked her hair behind her ears in an attempt to make herself look more awake. Mike gave her a small smile and kicked the stones beneath his feet.

"Hey, look I'm not fully sure I apologised to you enough. I was thinking maybe we could hang out at the mall or something?"

Raven frowned at this. She was sweating, tired, and not even sure of half of what he was saying. She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted.

"Beastboy can come, too? Or anyone, really."
He said. Hope was evident in his eyes. Raven sighed and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, the blanket adding to the sweltering heat of the air.

"Okay, sure. Whatever. We'll call in later, okay?"
She said, and Mike nodded. Raven shut the door and threw her blanket on the floor.

Robin saw her from the kitchen and pointed at it, shaking his head.

"Put it in the basket!"
He called. Raven picked it up and rolled her eyes, shoving it into the laundry basket under the stairs.

What in the world did I just agree to?

She thought, and leaned back against the cool door.

(I'll be continuing this later on!)