16) Rest

Cyborg felt himself standing up before his mind even told him to. It was only seven in the morning, but he woke up with ease. The sun was shining through the cracks of his window blinds, and birds could be heard singing from outside.

He went downstairs and poured himself some cereal into a bowl. He went to reach for some milk, when he spotted a green cat grazing on the window sill, soaking up the sun. Cyborg chuckled quietly, and gave him a rub behind the ears.

Dork.

He said to himself. The cat moved and stretched a little, before jumping off the window ledge and turning back into it's original form.

"Hey Cy."
Beastboy yawned. Cyborg patted him on the back in comfort.

"How've you been, bro? We barely talk about these things anymore."
He asked, sitting down and beginning to eat his breakfast. Beastboy grabbed an apple and sat down beside him.

"I'm... okay."
He replied. Cyborg frowned.

"C'mon, so much has happened in the past week. You must be feeling something?"

Beastboy took a bite of his apple and thought for a moment in silence. So much had happened in the past few days, and he didn't even have time to think about it all. He felt quite overwhelmed thinking about it all at once.

"Well... I am a bit overwhelmed. I guess things were so crazy that I didn't stop to clear my head."
He said quietly, picking at the apple with his hands. Cyborg patted his arm.

"It's okay, BB. But I'll be watching you and Raven closer from now on, you know."
He teased, messing with his hair.

Beastboy smiled and flattened his hair back down again.

"Okay, Robin."
He mocked.

"What are you saying about me now?"
Robin said, walking into the kitchen. Beastboy shrugged.

"Oh, nothing."

Cyborg smiled as Robin rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Rob, do you ever just get the urge to scream Titans, go?"
Beastboy asked, swinging back on his chair. Robin turned away from the coffee machine and smiled at him.

"Is that a serious question?"
He asked, laughing. Beastboy nodded. Robin turned back to his cup of coffee.

"Yes, of course I do."

Cyborg laughed and Robin got defensive, turning around and shrugging.

"I've done that for years! And I still feel responsible for you all."
He said, swirling a spoon around his mug. Beastboy made puppy eyes and pretended to pout.

"Aww! Rooobbbiinn!"
He cooed. Robin rolled his eyes once more, but he couldn't help but smile. As long as they were happy and safe, he was happy and content.

"So no more funny business with Raven!"
He said, pointing the spoon at Beastboy, who scoffed and raised his hands defensively.

"Sorry, I'll have her home by nine each night!"
He joked. Cyborg shook his head.

"Eight."
Beastboy groaned, making the other two laugh.

"Who would've known that little Beasty would win Raven's heart?"
Cyborg sighed, clutching his own heart dramatically. Raven arrived just in time.

"You're not being weird, are you?"
She grumbled, clicking the kettle on. Robin pretended to think for a minute.

"It depends what your perception of weird is."
He said.

"So yes, then."

Beastboy frowned at Raven from across the table.

"You're supposed to be in bed."
He said. Cyborg 'awed', earning nothing but a punch in the arm. Raven poured hit water into a cup and plopped in a tea bag, smirking at him.

"I feel fine."
She said. Standing next to Robin she looked small, but in reality she was taller then average anyways. Beastboy was lucky to be just a centimetre taller than her. Robin nudged her slightly, careful not to spill her tea.

"He's right. You should be resting."
He said. Raven scoffed just as Beastboy did moments before, and looked at Cyborg for some back up. He just shrugged.

"Sorry Rae, I'm gonna have to agree with them on this one."

Starfire came in and pecked Robin on the cheek before opening the fridge and routing for something to eat. She took her head out of the fridge and frowned at Raven.

"Why aren't you resting in bed?"
She asked, folding her arms. The boys all smirked as Raven groaned even louder now.

"Fine! Holy Azar!"

Beastboy stood up and looped his arm around her waist, carrying her bridal style out to the stairs. Cybrog hooted, and Raven squirmed in his arms, but eventually they made it to Raven's room. She was put into her bed and Beastboy tucked her in, earning a smile much to his surprise.

"I told you you had to rest!"
He teased, and Raven glared at him. She scooted over and lifted the duvet, beckoning for him to get in. So, of course, he did.

"Thanks for sticking with me through all of this."
Raven said, leaning in closer. Beastboy smiled and also moved in so their faces were much closer together than they were before.

"Anytime, mama."
He whispered. Their lips met, and the kiss went on and on. Raven let her fingers run through Beastboy's messy hair as he hugged her tightly, their lips never disconnecting for a second. Raven felt her tongue brush over one of Beastboy's fangs and she blushed slightly, but he continued on kissing her.

It felt new, but familiar. It made then feel younger, but more mature. It was love, and lust.

"Well, here's your breakfast."
Cyborg said casually, leaning against the doorframe. He smiled at the open door.

Raven and Beastboy pulled away hastily and the changeling fell onto the floor.

"Fuck!"
He hissed, tumbling away from the bed. Cyborg set the tray of food he was holding on Raven's lap and Beastboy sat back beside her, glaring at Cyborg.

"Thanks, Cy."
Raven said, her cheeks a furious pink. Cyborg slapped the door as he passed it, and pulled it over slightly. Before he went downstairs, he called in again.

"Three inches!"

Beastboy smiled. He loved a stranger things reference.

Some soft bbrae moments! Anyways I have a plan, don't worry. Hope you enjoyed it!