30

Raven and Beastboy sat on a bench hand in hand. They had their best outfits on, and they had matching crimson stains over their hearts. A white carriage arrived, driven by a winged woman in a gown. They got into the carriage and smiled, holding each other tightly.

Raven's voice echoed as the carriage moved onwards.

"We're okay now."

Robin sat up quickly and panted out deep and heavy breaths. He was sweating all over, and tears were falling down his cheeks. He stood up and pulled his door open, longing for fresh air and nothing else.

He jumped when he met Cyborg and Star on the landing, also sweating and crying. They all looked at each other and heaved dry and shaky breaths.

"I need air."
Robin whispered, more tears falling. He ran out to the balcony and grabbed the ledge, bowing his head and crying. Star followed him and sat on the bench beside the door, her mind blank and her eyes full of tears. Cyborg stood at the ledge too, his eyes closed and his face damp.

Star stood up and took slow steps to the ledge, looking out into the night. She could barely speak through her tears, but she knew she wasn't alone.

"Did you see them?"
She asked quietly, her heart heavy. Cyborg nodded, and Robin did too. Cy shook his head.

"They were in a carriage. Raven said something..."
Even the mention of her name brought more tears to his eyes. Robin stood upright, and looked up to the sky, focusing on the stars that twinkled up above.

"We're okay now."
He whispered. Star cried more heavily now, wrapping her arms around Robins neck. He held her close and allowed a small sniffle to force its way through the sadness. Cyborg patted his back.

They all knew what this meant.

They were okay now. They were together, and they were safe.

All three of them stood wrapped in each other's arms, admiring the stars. Because through all the sadness, and through all of the hurt, they knew it wasn't all bad.

Beastboy and Raven were okay, and that's all that mattered in that moment.

☾☆ ☆ ☆☽

"Do you think they know we're in Heaven?"
Beastboy asked, holding Raven's hand. They were laying in a bed of flowers, watching the clouds. They knew the angel who owned the garden would be mad, but they didn't care. Raven smiled.

"Yeah, I sent them a dream."
She said. Beastboy smiled.

For the first time since they died, they felt at peace. And that's all that mattered in that moment.

The end.