Chapter four

Before starting my chores as always cleaning my house, everywhere was clean and sparkling only for Usman's room that am about taking care of now. I opened the door lightly just as if Usman is in there. Gave the room a look. Its all messy with carelessly flung shirts, jeans and boxer shorts over the chair and some dumped on the floor with random papers over the floor too.

I winced without hesitation, I started cleaning the room, made sure everything was in place, prepared the bed and finally swept and moped the room, there "its now sparkling" I said smiling. I washed his bathroom for him before closing the door. I stared at the wall clock to find out it was almost pass 12:00noon, Usman will be back in the next two hours and I don't even know what to cook! I winced into my kitchen without a second thought and started preparing lunch.

I was done exactly by 1:30PM on the dot. I prepared the dining table and made sure everything was in place. I went back to my room shower and changed into a black, fringed, spaghetti strap dress that ends mid thigh with shorts. I know Usman would be furious when he sees me like this because he has warned me time without number to stop dressing in a party-like-manner for him, he's not interested in seeing my exposed black body. But what could I do? I couldn't bear the weather no more it is just so hot.
****
I was sitted on my bed with my wedding album held in my hand, glancing at the lovely pictures. I heard my name roared in a very thundering voice "Aisha!" I'm sure it was Usman so he's home already. I started chewing my fingernails without knowing because of how I got confound... He roars my name again harder than he did before. I snapped out of my bed and came out to the sitting room and narrowed my almond shaped eyes slightly at sitted Usman on the dining table with his plate of food in front of him, with the spoon stucked in the middle.

I was about saying, "here I am" when he took a curious glance at my pathetic face I had to swallow what I was about saying... He then glanced back to the plate of food in front on him, giving it a What-The-Hell look. He huffs, and then said. "come here!" It was rather a command. "Haven't I warned you? Never to dress in this party-like-manner? Am not interested in looking at your black skin you know?" He added, giving me a fierce look. I ignored him and walked slowly to where he was sitted as he ordered me to, before he screams at me again, leaving a wide gap between us. I aggravated him the more, he indicates with his red eyes for me to sit next to him. I can see how he's burning from the inside. My heart was pounding I know am in a very big trouble.

He pushed away the plate onto the tile floor which made it broke into pieces making a non stopping irritable sound, whereas the food (rice) randomly dirtying the floor I moped so hard just some couple of hours ago. I had to shrieked out loud. He stood up and grabbed me by the arm I thank goodness it wasn't by my burnt arm. He roared, "Shut up!" I shut up instantly dropping some portion of tears. He groaned, "how do you expect me to eat that crap? Huh!" Pointing at the random rice on the floor, and letting go off my hand pulling me by the hair instead, I shrieked a bit.

He barked, "answer me! How? You really have some nerve you know, trying to get back at me by cooking this ugly food that is a thousand times uglier than YOU are" laying emphasis on "you". I said nothing as I was trying to whip the way he grabbed my hair, I couldn't resist the pain no more. He screamed, "answer me!" My silence maddens him like alot, he's dark brown eyes can tell. He gave me a deadly glare and pushed me on the floor I stopped at nowhere but onto the broken glasses. I screamed louder than never arghhhhhhhh!!!