Chapter 10

With an apprehensive expression on her face she said, "really now?" He turned and looked at me, his gaze piercing into mine I quickly redirected my attention. He then turned back to his mother thier gaze meeting. "Actually Aisha is pregnant" he added.

      "Huh! What? am what?" I muttered my jaw almost dropping. He squeezed my finger, I'm sure he heard what I just said. His mom screamed in delight "really son? I should've guessed, so thats why she's all looking dull."  "I believe so" he added smiling to himself. Mum left her couch and came over me holding my other hand "am soo happy for you Aisha, yey! I'll soon be having a grand child. Tell me whats the sex, boy or girl?" She asked quizically.

        "Common on mum!" He exclaimed again. "Its just a month and 2 weeks old now how on earth will we know." I never knew Usman is such a great drama king, so he can tell lies to his mother's face like this? Where on earth will he find her a grandchild for her? Like he can see how his mother is being so thrilled right now. Mom snapped "I can see this pregnancy is not being easy on you dear, right?" She cautiously asked narrowing her eyes on me.

         Breathe! Breathe Aisha I really don't know what to tell this thrilled old lady. I can't lie to her face neither can I tell her am not pregnant, what do I do? I called out Almighty Allah my life saviour, save me this time as you always do please. Usman answered her with zealous fervor "oh yes mum isn't it obvious but don't worry am doing as much as I can to take care of her, right hun?"

          He asked me narrowing his eyes on me. I freakishly smiled at him and muttered "yes." I really don't know what to do now, am actually lying to my mother-in-law. Something I've done never. Oh Allah help me get through this please.

          She stepped back and went back to where she was sitted before "I really can't wait to inform your dad about this sweetheart, am sure he'll be more thrilled than I did. What of your mum Aisha?" Throwing the question at me and narrowing her eyes on me. I was just gritting my teeth not knowing what to say to her. Aisha answered her instead "oh we didn't informed her yet you know we just find out about it some couple of days back." "Ohh!" she exclaimed enthusiastically, "anyways congratulations to both of you once more." She added.

       "I think I should get going so as not to disturb this mummy-to-be" she giggled. "I will just go to my sister’s house for the meantime." Usman nodded mutely "okay then I'll drive you."  "You sure about that?" She questioned him. He nodded "sure" narrowing his eyes on me our gaze meeting. "I'll be back soon okay? Take care" and gave me a peck on the cheek as he gently left where he was sitted.

       Is this for real? Gosh why am I being fooled so easily? Its just an act right? He's just putting on act for his mom, immediately she's gone everything will be back to how it was before so don't be so carried away by it. I calmed myself. Mom handed me some quite amount of money before she left. Not even allowing me to walk her to the parking lot.

         I arranged back the sitting room just as it was before and walked to my room to rest. I was just mopping on my bed having so many mental debates when is Usman going to turn in? Like how can he tell such consecutive lies to his mom? How can he fake that am pregnant while am not. Huh! I snorted.

           30mins later Usman arrived. I was waiting for him in the sitting room. Just as he entered he saw me sitted without saying a word to me he started moving toward his room. I muttered "is he for real? How can he not talk to me about his actions earlier." I called out his name in my best lady like voice. "Usman"

        He added some few steps forward before he finally stopped without turning back. I stood up and walked in front of him. I had to gather quite a number of courage to talk to him. I said calmly, "Usman about what you told your mother earlier you know that wasn't the best thing to do right? You shouldn't have lied to her like that you saw how thrilled she was right?" Waiting for a confirmation from him...

     He smirked "so? Was it your mom I lied to? And why don't you just say it out loud. You want to have a baby with me and stop beating around the bush using my mum's name so as to get sympathy from me"

     Thanks for voting, keep voting please