Chapter 28

"Don't worry ma, I'll take care of her myself." I assured her.

"Oh okay then, is she right next to you so I can greet and condole her?"

"Yeahh..." I offered my hand for Aisha to grip on but it seems like she doesn't want to play the part of my games this time around and pretended as if she didn't get the message am trying to pass to her. "Err.. mom just hold on, I'll be in her room in the next 2minutes I just went to buy some medicine for her."

"Oh the poor girl, okay.",And he held the call and gave me one my deadly glares. "Are you trying to cross me? Take the damn call and tell mom you're feeling much better before I do something you'll regret forever, and you know right i'm a man of my words."

I can see how my words are getting to her and how she got frightened all of a sudden, she wiped off her tears pathetically and I handed her the phone after putting it on handsfree.

"Hello mom..." She states glancing at me and I smirked.

"Aisha honey, am so so sorry for your lost, you are not alone we are all here for you dear..." His Mom tries comforting me.
Moment of silence...
I muttered, "well? Aren't you going to talk?" With moisture filled in my eyes I said

"Thank you mom, I'm feeling much better now" and she wiped off some of the hung tears in her eyes.

"Gosh I mean how did it happen? Just yestarday you were fine."

I stared at him not knowing what to say and he collected back the phone. "Uh mom" he lied, "the doctor said she shouldn't be disturbed please, she needs to rest."

"Am sorry son I'm just carried away by my emotion how did it happen?
poor girl."

"Uh... Uhh" He tried making up stories. "you see she’s is afraid of lizards so earlier today, after I left for work I forgot to lock the door and the lizard made it way in. So after she woke up from sleep and came to the living room she felt something towards her leg and there she saw the lizard ontop of her leg and because of how frightened she got, she miscarried our baby..." He stated voice dropping condiderably and even faked a sob.

"Ohhh such a bad day, are you crying too? Please not in the presence of the poor girl..."

"Mom its all my fault had it been I locked the door properly nothing bad would have happened to my wife and our baby..." He stated stealing galnaces at me who just shook her head in a distress manner and averted her gaze.

"Its not your fault honey you didn't want this to happen either so stop blaming yourself..." She tries comforting me.

I snorted. "Thank you I need to get back to her"

"Okay shower her with my love please..."

"I'll am hangin...."

She suddenly cuts me off. "What of aunt Hauwa, have you told her?"

I protested, "no you are the first person thats aware, I can't tell her this ma' I don't want her to think am careless..."

"Don't say that honey, she'll surely understand don't worry I'll talk to her you should just take care of her okay?"

"Okay..." and he hung up and shoved his phone back inside his pocket glaring at me that is just watching over the injuries he cursed whilst beating me.