Chapter 35

Usman’s POV;

"I haven't taken marijuana to leave my beautiful sleep in the name of taking you to an exam you will be failing anways, so why won't you make it easy for both the examiner and I by just refusing to write the exams." I hissed as I covered my face with my soft blanket and went back to sleep. Its weekend atleast I have to sleep till afternoon.

Just as I closed my eyes, my phone started buzzing irritatedly by the bedside drawer. I sighed out an elongated hiss before I turned and grabbed my phone, without even glancing at the screen I declined the call as I didn't want to open my eyes so the morning sun will get the chance to shine bright into my sleepy eyes.

Declining the call, I grabbed the other pillow and tried to continue with my sleep just then my phone started buzzing over again. "Arghh!" I groaned I was ready to insult whoever was it that is disturbing me early on a saturday morning, even if it was my boss. I grabbed my phone and gave it a deadly glare just then mom's name appeared on the screen.

"Seriously?" I questioned myself still glaring at my ringing phone. What do this old lady wants to tell me early this morning that she couldn't wait till later in the day? I hissed and refused to pick it up even though it was my mom. I hate it whenever i'm sleeping and someone tries interfering. It calmly stopped ringing and just as I was about going back to sleep it started buzzing again for the third time. THIRD TIME!!! Gosh why didn't I even switched it off in the first place. I led out an aggravated breath before picking it up.

"Yes mom" I snarled rudely in my hoarse deep voice. "Whats it you wanna tell me that you can't wait till later." I added not sounding polite.

"Oh baby calm down please." I guess she didn't miss how angry I was. "Don't get mad please, mama didn't mean to interrupt your beauty sleep. Don't furrow your eyebrows you'll lose your beauty." She tries calming me down. And gently I felt the intensed anger on me shedding away.

"So what is it that made you call? Oh! morning incase I didn't greet."

Without responding my greeting she proceeded, "Uh... Have you forgotten that your beautiful wife is-"

I coughed sarcastically mom's words pierced into my ears like a dagger being stabbed into the heart. Was that a compliment or an insult? Did she just call Aisha beautiful? Omg!

"Baby are you suffering from cold?"

"Oh yes" I lied and sneezed delibrately since she missed my sarcasm.

"Am sorry sweetie. Uh will you please manage and drop Aisha by, you know she's writing her exams in few minutes time."

" Mom!" I exclaimed her name. "You know I'm sick right?" I faked another cough and sneezed.

"I know right baby and i'm wishing you the quickest recovery but please for my sake drop the girl by, she really don't want to miss the exam and I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen to, will you?"

I answered with a "no" coldy.

"Then can mama count on you?"

"Yes" again I answered. "Am hanging up." I sighed letting myself fall unto my bed. Yestarday's scene started sliding in my brain. I really can't recall who that girl was, I tried my possible best to, but I just can't everything seem to skip my mind all because of how I got myself drunk.

The knocking on my door pulled me from my thought. "Yes?" I yell.

"Usman please, time is going I really don't want to be late."

"Then fly" I hissed. "One more knock on my door and I swear I won't let you out of this house since mom won't be flying to force me to"

"I'm sorry" her innocent voice apologised.

After adding like 10 more minutes I decided to lift myself up and made it to my bathroom. I brushed up and came out. Pulling my ¾ pants I put it on, I didn't mind wearing a shirt since I've got my singlet on. I picked up my phone and keys.

Opening my door, my eyes stopped at nowhere but at facing Aisha. She didn't even noticed my presence. I smiled evily to myself she's giving the exam all she got as if she's going to do something good in it, after all she'll still fail I can't wait to call and tell mom the miserable score her daughter-in-law will score. She'll maybe score like 154 points or even 120. I laughed out making her turned and starring at me.

I eyed her before closing my door and made my way to the entrance door, I can here her footsteps approaching me. We left for my car, after pressing the security remote it opened and we both shoved ourselves in almost at thesame time. I can see how she's such in a hurry. Why not I take advantage of it. I smirked and started the ignition and in some seconds the gates opened.

I know I'm a fast driver but just so as to get on Aisha’s nerves, I decided to steady my driving today. I can see how impatient she's becoming she brought her phone out from her clutch and glared at the screen probably searching for time. She wanted to say something and then decided to swollow her words in.

3 minutes more, she became more intensed, she glared at her screen and averted her gaze to me. I can see how she's glaring at me from the behind. I tried to stay focus by the road side and pretended as if I didn't know she's staring at me. She couldn't keep it in anymore and decided to blurt at me.

“Usman I know you're doing this on purpose I know, please speed up I've got probably just 15 minutes left. I suppose to be there before time and not on time.” She lectures.

“Hmpf!” I sighed. “So wanna be there on time?” I asked her sarcastically.

I can see how she's burning out of anger. “Yes Mr” she answered emphazing each word.

I turned and looked at her our gaze meeting, I thought she was going to back out and avert her gaze but to my suprise she kept on starring into my eyes trying to prove how not afraid of me she is now. “I'm liking this” I smirked.

I parked by the road side, she didn't hesitate to start asking me questions. “Usman what are you doing? I seem not to find any building here, why did you stop?” Seeing I have no intention of answering her questions. She yelled out "why did you park the damn car?"

I ignored her yelling since it wasn't getting to me and pulled out the mirror infront of me admiring my gorgeous face and smiling evily to myself. I can see how my silent is exasperating her. Her breathing became more fast, its written all over her forhead that she wants to slap me hard in the face.

I turned and glared at her, “you said you wanna be there on time right?" Without getting any confirmation from her I proceeded "I stopped so you can get a taxi which will drive you faster to your destination.” I concluded smiling and gesturing for her to get out of my car.

Her mouth dropped open in suprise, it took her time before she finally comprehended what I said. Even though she've been trying to be strong she couldn't contend this time. I know exactly how to get back at her since I cannot beat nor slap her now, I can easily make her feel sad, bad and all that. She didn't say anything uptil now.

“Ma'am I thought you said you would be late then what are you waiting for? Take your leave.” She looked at me with a pleading eyes, and when I looked into her eyes too, I saw the dumb Aisha I used to know.

“Usman please don't do this to me, beat me up, slap me to the face, wake me up with a full bucket of cold water I won't tell your mom about it but please don't do this to me. Take me to my destination please...” She states sounding defeated.

I'm starting to like this the more. This is just how it should be always, me the boss forever. I looked at her pathetically with a mocking grin on my face. “So the superwoman is pleading now?” I teased and laughed triumphantly, “oh common don't be such a coward.”

“Usman please this is no play time, I'm running out of time.”

“When have I ever played with you?”

I can see how her eyes are forming moisture. “But you know well that I don't know the address and I don't know anywhere in Lagos.” She states sounding sincere and pleading

“Do you expect me to believe that? When you went to buy your smartphone who lead you to the right path? Off you go ma'am youre delaying me.” I yawned delibrately. “Goodluck” I wished her sarcastically.