Chapter 51

Aisha’s POV;

       So he is now giving me a 20k as a week allowance? Wasn't he the one giving me a 3k? I counted 5k and returned the rest. Just then Usman appeared in front of me, he must have been watching me since. Aisha take it, its all yours.”

     “For the whole month?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

      “No for the week, and if its not okay with you I can add lots more.”

        “Are you trying to make me laugh Usman? Weren't you the one giving me 3k before?”

     “Aisha please lets stop bringing the past into present, I know I've treated you badly but I want to change now, please let me.”

         Ignoring what he said, “I have to go I don't wanna be late.” I state coldly.

         “I'll be the one to take you” he picked up the money and shoved it inside my bag in just an eye blink. “Usman!” I called his name angrily, as I tried to open my bag to bring out the money, he stopped me by holding my arm, which made me look at him.

       His eyes are warmly brown, there was nothing but regret and sorry in them. “Please Aisha” he pleaded in a cracky voice. We stood there looking at each other for almost a minute before I nodded at him. “Thank you” he said smiling. Without saying a word to him I turned to make my way out, “Aisha!” he called my name I pretended not to listen to him.

      I didn't know the time when he caught me by my arm making me to send him a deadly glare, “let me go Usman don't push it. I'm giving you all I can, don't make me change my mind. Why don't you seem to appreciate in your life?”

        “I do appreciate the chance you've given me Aisha, thank you for allowing me to help you with the dinner, make you breakfast, and for accepting the money, thank you alot. Just that allow me take you to school, its my responsibility allow me do it please, its all I ask.”

        Without letting his gentle and calm words get to me, I said coldly “then you ask for too much. Just let me be okay Usman? Stop sticking your nose in my affairs please. Let me be will you?” I state emphasizing every word.

      “Is that what you want?”

     “Yes” I said confidently while nodding.

       “Then I'll do it, I'll stop interfaring in your affairs if that will make you happy, I'll do it then. Nothing matters to me morethan your happiness I love you.”

    I swear I know if I add 5 more minutes here I'll forgive Usman. He is sounding way more than sincere and I don't like that, I don't want to ever forgive Usman even if I want to I can't anytime I remember the incident of the other day, I just can't. I didn't know the time when moisture starts to fill in my eyes rapidly, I turned and ran away without minding the calls Usman is sending me. Immediately I came out I stopped a taxi and shoved myself in telling him where to take me, I brought out a hanky from my bag and wiped off my tears.

     Why am I being like this? Why am I feeling pity towards Usman? Does he deserves any mercy? Does he deserve me to forgive him. Some part of me says yes while some says no and I agree with the no because Usman murdered my child, my unborn child. With this thought I didn't even know when we arrived.

      “Uh, ma'am we are there”
The driver said bringing me back to reality. “I'm sorry” I apologised and gave him his fare. Just when I came out of the taxi I saw Usman' car approaching. Oh not again I'm not ready for a scene in here, before Usman could come out of his car, Edward's car came approaching just a while after Fiona came out and after the goodbye's Edward drove and left. Usman was standing beside his car, I by the gate and Fiona in our middle. She looked at me then back to Usman and back to me again.