Chapter 22

I couldn't say a word anymore, tears where just rolling down my cheeks unstoppingly. "Now wipe your tears and lets go Humairah must be waiting for me and I don't want to keep her waiting" Usman said passing me a hanky. I don't know what I am doing all I know is I'm badly in need of that hanky and so I collected it and wiped my tears off. I followed his back like a zombie as we left for the restor. The drive back home was more boring, as we all kept silent in the car only the sound of my sobbing rising.

Passing me a hanky again he said coldly "wipe your tears sweetie or do you want mom to see your eyes all puffy and red?" I kept quiet and didn't answered him. He smirked I can see him from the behind "are you mad sweetie?" he smirked again and then chuckled.

On reaching inside, I walked straight to my room and laid flat on my huge bed. I continued crying from where I stopped. When I was finally feeling better, feeling more at ease, I took my phone and called my only advicer, my sister Zainab.

Ding.. Ding she finally picked it up.

"Hi no the informal greetings today, I called for a serious issue."

"Oh really sistaaa am all ears then..."

"Remember the guy I told you about some few months back? The one I met at the mall...?"

"Oh yes! him! I do! The one that stole your heart at that moment right?" She chuckled

"Okay whatever please be serious, will you?" I said furrowing my eyebrows

"Okay sistaaa I remember him, is he dead?"

"Omi'freaking god NO! He's not dead, do you know we are kind of related with him, he's a son to mom's cousin aunt Fatima..." And that was how I told her about everything, I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

"Wow!" She responded.

I became more aggravated so 'wow' is her reply? How could she?

"What do you mean wow? I need an advice and all you're saying is wow? Ya Allah help me"

She breathed "you know what? Just stay away from this guy, if you can't tell mom about it I'll help you, I'll tell her. We marry for love, and he is even a gentleman to tell you what he is really feeling towards..."

I cut her off, "stay away from him? Are you kidding me? God! You really don't know how affected by his love I am..."

She cuts me off "to hell with the love since he don't want to love you back, don't you get it? This is your future, you have the opportunity to make it now that you have a choice, there are many guys out there just forget about Usman you guys are not meant to be."

"Zainab!" I called out in a more angry tone, i'm angry at her now for saying that. "Please stop saying that, you're making me lose hope again. I thought you'll give me advices, tips on how I can... you know make him fall for me, or maybe I have to change myself for him am willing to do that but what are you saying? Do you even know whats the meaning of love?"

"Its not about that." She retaliate. We don't need to change ourselves for love, a person who truely loves you will love you the way you are, you don't have to change anything for him. You and Him? Just don't exist."

I'm more angry at her now, how can she not be on my side? She's never been like this before. "Okay thats to you, am hanging up..."

"Don't hang up on me am going to call mom now and tell her all thats going on I can't sit back and watch you destroy your life like this."

"Zainab please don't call mom, if you do that... I'll never forgive you, never." I hung up.

No Zainab I won't let your words get to me, I won't. He will learn to love me eventually...

Later during the night, I was all by myself in my room I can't help but replay Zainab's words. My ringing phone brought me back to reality, on checking the screen I saw Usman's name appeared I quickly hoist up and cleared my throat before picking it up.

"Sweetheart" I heard him say in his charming sweet voice that makes my heart flutter. "You haven't call so I decided to, have you told mom? What did she say?"

A total moment of silence...

"Hello... You there?" he calls out again.

"Uh hi..." I managed to say voice dropping considerbly.

"So what did she say?"

"Usman actually about that..." I paused for a moment. "I didn't tell her anything, I can't even if I could I can't because I love you why won't you give me a chance? I promise to..." He cuts me off.

"You're really digging your own grave you know I gave you just one last chance and you threw it away you are going to regret kwowing and loving Usman in your entire miserable life Aisha. How can you be so stupid and dense and everything! Gosh!"

He said bitterly and spitefully, I can sense how angry he is the way he laid more emphasis on my name says it all. Before I could get to say another word he hanged up.

What do you think of Aisha's guy? Comment let see.
Vote, comment and share thank you!