Chapter 30

Usman’s POV;

             My jaw dropped as my eyes tried popping out of their sockets. My throat contricted out of nervousness and I couldn't talk back at her. Like what got into Aisha? She've been acting strange since this morning. Or is she possessed by some kind of evil spirit? I really have to take her to mallam then. Am I actually being threatened by her?
     Ofcourse yes you are mr arrogant, try taking another more step and see. Lectures the logical voice in my head.

       I couldn't take another step forward I was just looking into her eyes suprisngly and shocked at thesame time and she was doing thesame too, she was looking into my eyes in a threatning manner.

      Gosh no! This is not who I used to be, I'm Usman, I'm never afraid of anything or anyone, I've got to show this lady I aiint afraid of her.

      I ignored what she said and took another step forward and she dialed mom's number. Oh no! I can't forgive myself if something bad is to happen to my mom. I finally spoke up.

         “No don't call her please.” What did I just say? Did I just say please to Aisha? God damn it! Why am I being such a girl? Believe me when I say this  I'm gonna kill you.

       “Excuse me what did you just say Mr.?” she questioned teasingly and still didn’t cut off the call.

       Aisha you are really digging your grave I muttered then louder I said “hang up the damn call.”

          “Or else?” She retaliates raising an eyebrow and proving to me she aiint afraid of me anymore.

      “Please” I said sounding defeated.

       “For your mom's sake I'll hang up” and she did “but the next time you try hitting me again, I won't hesitate to call your mom.” She state and spun around to leave. I called her name.

     And she stopped after taking few more steps, “yes” she answers glaring at me. “Where did you get the money to buy this phone? I won't hesitate to beat up the devil in you if I were to find out its my money you've been stealing and saving in buying it”

     She smiled and later even laughed “well well well Mr arrogant, take a chill pill 'cause it aiint your money I used in buying this phone, if you're used to stealing then am not like you and for the last time don't you dare accuse me of stealing again or else you'll give me no choice than to call your mother.” She state confidently with a mocking grin shining bright on her face knowing that she's got something to use against me now.

     “Really? Is that all you got? Threatning me with my mother's life? Well goodluck with that but have this at the back of your clueless mind you won't get away with what you're doing.” I smirked evily at her and delibrately pushed down the glass plates onto the floor. I turned to her and saw her laughing humourously, she's trying to get on my nerves.

     “Handle that” I said in my authoritative husky deep voice. She clapped her hands and chuckled. “Who me?” She looked right and left before averting her gaze back to mine. “I don’t think there’s that person you're asking to handle the trash over there here in this room because I can't see anyone here.”

      “I think you've forgotten who Usman really is.” I rolled the belt around my arm and moved over to where she was standing. I thought she was going to wince to her room because of how I was breathing heavily as if as a hungry lion. To my suprise she just stood there and brought out her phone. She uttered spitefully “think of what you're about doing Mr arrogant.” In an I-don't-care manner.

      “Damn it!” I pushed down one of the dining chair next to me and walked off to my room. I slammed the door at her back. I threw the belt I was holding. My heart was burning like a hot fire “when did I ever start playing games with that Aisha? I mean just yestarday I made her tidy up everywhere and even made her cook for Humairah right? something must be wrong somewhere with her or maybe she's possessed by an evil spirit.”

     Well thats so lame of you Mr arrogant.
    “No she can't be possessed, evil spirits don't exist anymore theres only one answer to this, I must have been living with 2 Aisha in this house. The other's dump and this one I used to know and even got married to. But this?” I pointed out at the door. “The one I came to know today? she's the hard headed ass.”

         I hoist up from my bed “I need to check her room and bring out the dump one I used to know.” I left my room to her's.

     To my suprise, I saw the broken plates and rice all around the floor just as I left it she didn't mind tidying up the place just as she said she wouldn't. I sighed hoping that I'll bring out the dumb Aisha I use to know to tidy up the place. I quickly made it to her room and banged the door so as to scare the devil out of her but it seems she didn't at all got frightened she was holding her phone with an earpiece plugged in both of her ears as if listening to cool music and gave it her full concentration. Its as if she didn't even noticed I joined the room.

       “Hey! Where did you take the other Aisha to? Bring her out and get the hell out of my house 'cause you're not the dumb one I used to know” She removed one of the earpiece and raised up her head narrowing her big almond shaped eyes at me before she chuckled. “You're so delusional Mr arrogant” she state while smiling.

            “Tell me where is she?” And before she could get to respond I started searching every inch of the room including the toilet and bathroom. I seem not to find anyone in it. Then its confirmed that theres only one  in the house, she just decided to change her attitude all of a sudden but why? She hasn't done that before why will she now?”

    Common Usman because she've finally realised she's a woman of honour too. The logical voice in my head explains. “Then I'll have to put back some senses into her.”

      “Aisha” I called out her name authoritatively. She raised an eyebrow at me without even answering. And it aggravated me. “Go and clean up that god forsaken place right now, don't let me repeat myself.” I roared at the peak of my voice just like a lion so as to frighten her.

     “Give me one reason why I should Mr arrogant. You were the one who messed up the place right? Then you should be the one to take care of it so excuse me please” she states signaling her hand for me to move outside and the other to plug in an earpiece into her ears as she relaxes back to her huge royal bed.

     To say my jaw dropped was an understatement. “You want a piece of me?” I yell not allowing her words to get to me. It seems like she's playing some music 'cause she didn't even responded to me. I hissed, hissed and hissed I didn't know what to do again I felt like beating the devil out of her but I can't 'cause  she'll be calling my mom and tell her all thats been happening and if that happens, I will never forgive myself. I need time to think of how to get back at her for all this thing.

     Just as I turned to make my way of out her room, she called me with the new name “Mr arrogant.” I stopped without turning. “Oh common please Mr turn around I want to talk to you about something important.” I hissed before turning back and set my eyes on her.

    She smiled before saying “uh its about my education I want to proceed my studies I don't wanna stay at home like this forever I want you” she points out at me “to help me get an admission into UNILAG (University of Lagos) i'll be writing Jamb this year and will be applying for medicine." She states pressing her phone.

     My silence made her raise up her head and set her eyes on me. I seem lost for the meantime. I think I have to visit a doctor so he can check up my ears for me, something definately must be wrong with them. Did Aisha just said she wants to proceed her education and into unilag? Upon all universities she chose unilag. No way i'm allowing her into there. And she never thought of proceeding her studies till now? Wow this is... I'm speechless.

      “Mr arrogant?” Her voice brought me back to reality. “Didn't you heard what I just said to you now? I want money to register for the upcoming Jamb.”

___________
Oh yess!! Go girl! I love the new born Aisha, you should have done this a while ago.