Chapter 19

I was about saying something whilst his phone started ringing, cutting me off. A cute smile which made him look more adorable and worth looking shines bright on his face as he glared at his phone screen. And without hesitation he picked it up “ heyy! baby” he calls out in a more sweet tone he has not used with me. A sudden anger, jealousy tears down my heart and face. The urge to kill Humairah just pounce on me, I know it must be her.

       How can he hurt me like this? How can he not respect this date? Or maybe because he said the reason why he set it up was to tell me he doesn't like me. But still, he should have respected it even a bit.

     Bored and filled with jealousy of his phone call with her am sure, I decided to go to the restroom. He didn't even noticed I wasn't in the table no more. I hit the girls room hurriedly so as not to cry in every one’s present, and thankfully there was no one in it. I cried my life out. My eyes became all puffy and red.

     Thanks goodness to the water proof makeup mom applied on me if not my face would have turned into a ghost with a costume makeup hunting for kids to scare them away. I spent at least 20mins trying to make my face  look more like I didn't cry before returning back to the restor.

      There he was not making any phonecall now, instead he was busy swiping on his phone screen, just as I was about walking down to our table he turned his direction towards me his gaze piercing through the distance between us. I stood there like a mango tree not moving until his gaze moved away from mine. I walked slowly and calmly back to our table.

      His perfectly lips form an acute smile which makes the butterfly in my stomach flutter. “Can we go now? I'm dining with Humairah in less than an hour.” He said calmly glaring at his rolex wrist watch which suits his fair furry hand. But to me it felts like he was holding a gun and shouting me as the realisation of Usman meeting Humairah sheds down on me.

   I scoff trying to sound confident. Feeling more at ease that he didn't even noticed I cried my life out just a while ago.

   “Okay...” I managed to say not showing I care. He called the waitress to settle the bills whilst I walked off and waited for him by his car. He came out after a while and pressed the security on the remote key opening the car. I instantly shove myself inside his car without hesitation promising myself to stay focused by the window side and not stealing glances at his stupid gorgeous face.

    He turned the key in, starting the ignition. None of us uttered any word to each other. I thanked goodness the journey wasn't a long one. Unfortunately I didnt keep my promise, he's  gorgeousness is way too much to be ignored by me by anyone probably.

   Now that his car is parked in front of our house, I tried to open the door only to realise it is locked. I glared at him and he was already starring at me. He smiled acutely, “Wait sweetheart...”

      Will you quit it Usman? You calling me sweetheart only... Oh! Whatever I know I love you. And that cute smile also its seducing me.

   “we are going in together, I have to say bye to mom... Right? So she wouldn't think am a bad son in law.” He concluded leaving that acute smile that drives me crazy and makes me forget all of my worries.

        He honked and in just a bit, the gate opened. He parked in the parking lot and shut the car engine finally. He streched his hand to the back seat and brought out a bouquet of red, pink, yellow, and purple scented roses.

       Focus! Focus! Aisha, this flowers aiint meant for you... Well.. Maybe to your mom?

    I couldn't take my gaze off this beautiful scented flowers held in Usman’s beautiful hands. He pushed the security and the door opened. As I tried to open the door, he instantly stopped

       “Let me” he said sweetly before smiling.

     OMG! That smile again. Those dreamy eyes! Damn it!!

     Before knocking on the door, mom had already opened it with a wide grin on her face. “You're welcome” she said I smiled, he smiled. “I should get going mom, I just wanted to make sure Aisha gets here safely. I have an appointment” He said in a respecting tone.

     “So, dining  with Humairah is now an appointment huh?” I muttered and I believe he heard me that was why he smiled at me.

         “This is yours” he said passing me the flowers.

    Crap! Don't tell me how tomatoe red my cheeks are right now... I know already. I'm pretty sure the butterflies in my stomach have taken marijuana by the way they are fluttering now.

     He flashed his brightest mr. cool smile “I'll call you later” before he winced.

     I need a slap, I swear I need one to help sobber me up. What's Usman like? A drama king? Wasn't he the one who just told me he don't love me and never will? And now he gave me roses and hoping to call me later?

      Why are you so easily