Chapter 9

Just a while ago, Usman came to my room "aren't you done yet?" He asked. "Don't you know my mom has been waiting for quite a long time now? How many hours do you need to prepare that ugly face of yours?" He roared. I stood up from where I was sitted "am...am... Am done" I said wryly. He took some steps forward to where I was standing and lifted my face up with his hand scrutinizing my face. I kept praying hoping he won't slap me. "Good" he said softly "lets go." I led out a relieved sigh.

       I followed his back as we approached to his latest BMW. He made it to the driver seat nd I too to the passenger's and he took off. There was a complete silence in the car. I can't remember when last Usman and I went out together, I really want this, I love Usman alot even though he has been mean to me I still love my husband. He broke the silence by turning on a cool music. I turned slightly to look at him he's hot! I kept on staring at him untill our gazes meet I instantly turned to the other side starring outside the window. It didn't took much time before we arrived at the airport.

       After parking the car in a parking lot he opened his door and I decided to open mine too, he said "stop! let me." My jaw almost dropped and I forgot how to breathe for a while. Guess I didn't miss his sarcasm. Is Usman for real? Wait! What did he just said? *wait, let me* wow this is hilarious, I guess he's just putting on a show for his mother. I waited for him.

     My door opened a minute later and  he offrered his hand out to me chivalrously. I couldn't grip his hand I was just starring at it rather. He faked a smile and smirked "your hand please" he said quizzically. "I warned you not to act stupidly, right? Mom's starring now grip my hand." He added. And I gripped it, he easily pulled me out of the car. He wrapped his warm hand around my waist just as how gentlemen does. I reluctantly tried to pull my body from him but he keeps one arm around me and firmly pulls me into his side and I was feeling shy that’s his mum
 He muttered into my ears "easy Aisha don't make a fool out of yourself." From the distant I can see his affectionate mom smiling at the both of us. On approaching to her, she pulled out her phone and snapped us a picture she exclaims "awwwn! You guys are too good together" she gave us a light hug. Usman held my hand not letting go and used his other hand to drag her trolley. I greeted her "Assalamu Alaikum mama good afternoon," smiling. She smiled back at me "how are you dear?" Placing her hand on my face and gently rubbing it "you look awesome" she added.

       I did nothing but smile at her, how I wish her son took after her personality like this, I would have been the happiest woman on earth. We reached onto the car and he opened the back seat for his mom letting her in. I walked the other way to open mind and he winced and opened mine for me too just as he did earlier and turned to the other side and entered the car too. Hitted the sterring and off we went.

         The car wasn't as silent as it was before, mum kept on cracking somw kind of jokes asking us about how we move on with our lives. Till we got home I didn't say anything, Usman managed to bring out her luggage, she was just admiring how clean and tidy my home was. I brought her some snacks and drinks knowing she's not that much into food. She was sitted on a couch where as Usman on a nearly long sofa after serving her I decided to sit on a diffrent sofa opposite Usman anyways thats what am used to not sitting beside my husband.

       He eyed me, giving me a deadly glare and wisely using his hand pointing the little space behind him for me to sit in a manner his mother wouldn't notice. I gave him a bewildered look, he snort moving his eyes to the provided space again. I have no option, do I? I walked straight and sat next to him. He pulled me closer to him gently rubbing his soft hand on my arm romantically. It was something am not used to but I find myself enjoying the moment, I wish Usman will be like this forever, he's so sweet right now.

    Mom's voice pulled me out of my thought. She stared at me for a moment before saying, "is it my eyes or has Aisha really become darker and more slim?" She asked with a curious look on her face waiting for confirmention from either me or Usman

     I said to myself "so its really that obvious, well even a blind man can see that am suffering in Usman’s house, he treats me more like a servant than his wife." I pulled myself out of my thoughts and gave her a smile am sure she would know it wasn't from my heart without saying anything. She's still confuse I can see it written on her forehead sha stared back at Usman

          "Sweetheart" she called him "tell me whats wrong with Aisha, i'm adamant she's somehow not okay I can see it." I protested putting on a brighter smile than I did before, "seriously mom its nothing" I said gritting my teeth and feeling subconcious.  Usman didn't say anything uptil now. He better conprehend for himself before his mom suspect something about what has being going on in this house.

         Just as if he heard what I said he pulled me even closer to him using his other hand to toy with my long fingers he never touched before if not mistakenly. He flashed his brightest mr cool smile in order to fool his mother am sure he's about lying now. Oh common mum! He exclaimed no matter how hard I try to hide things for you, you alway