Chapter 43

Aisha’s POV;

God! I can't take this anymore, I can't, I feel like dying. I'm sweating and shievering at thesame time, my head is aching that goes to my back and lower tommy. This is not going easy on me, I can't take care of myself any longer I need someone. I lazilly stretched my hand and picked up my phone to call Fiona she's the only I can think of who is close to me.

"Hello Aisha, I'm so sorry I didn't get to call you prince Kevin is having a bad stomach ache but he is feeling more okay now. How are you feeling?"

"Fiona I'm not fine" I state almost crying. "I feel like I'm dying, I can't take this anymore." I bursted out crying.

"Omi'god Aisha please don't cry. Everything will be okay, stop crying please. Aisha are you there?"

I wiped off my tears before answering "y.yyess Fiona help me please I don't think I can make it through the night."

"Aisha stop talking like that, what you are feeling now is normal to every pregnancy, in few months time everything will be okay. Where are you now?"

"I'm in my room lying on the bed."

"Okay can you do me a favor by standing up?"

"Fiona I can't my feet are trembling whenever I stand."

"Come on Aisha try your best to, you have some drugs with you?"

"Yeah I think so in the fridge."

"Good, kindly walk there and bring out paracetamol, just paracetamol I'll send you a recipe to one traditional medicine for pregnant women. I'm certain it will ease your fever okay? And do make sure you eat supper then get some sleep. Get well soon okay? I love you."

"I love you too" I hung up. Just a minute later my phone buzzed, I checked and saw the recipe thank god I have all the ingredients. It took me 3 good minutes before I stood up, like a lizard I followed the wall to the kitchen.

The medicine I suppose to prepare in just 10mins took me about 30. When I was done, I fried two sausages, thank god I've got paracetamol in my fridge. I placed everything on the table, I forced myself into eating the sausage when I was done I took the paracetamol and the medicine too. Though it tastes awful I had to take it for my recovery.

*****
The following day, I woke up feeling much better Fiona's remedy must have worked alot, the fever is all gone. I hurriedly took a shower and got prepared for school. Coming out of my room, I saw Usman in the kitchen probably preparing breakfast. Gosh when is this beast returning for work, he suppose to be at work and not here at home.

Seeing he has no intention of coming out of the kitchen, and he is delaying me I need to be in school in the next one hour. I shoved myself into the kitchen and Usman' jaw dropped wide open. I know he must be suprised of how I recovered fast from the fever. The beast wants me to remain sick forever, unfortunately.

Without minding the glare he is sending me, I quickly turned on the gas and start cooking indomie. None of us talked to each other, and when I was done I went over to the dining and had my breakfast. I was halfway done when Usman came out of the kitchen too holding his plate of food.

From his face, I know he wants me to go away and give him space, I got his message but unfortunately I failed to cooperate with him. Gently, I finished my lunch and left.

On reaching to school, I saw Fiona waiting for me by the gate. She hugged me tightly surprisingly like she didn't expect I can make it.

"Oh look girl! You're back to your old self again."

"Sure I am, your medicine's a blast. Thanks, how is baby Kevin feeling?"

"He is feeling much better now, his dad is taking care of him."

"Aww thats cute I wish him an eyeblink recovery, well lets go?"

"Not until we talk about something first." She dragged my hand and we sat by a hut. "Tell me, what happened yestarday, about you and Usman? Did he noticed that you're sick and pregnant?"

"Is he a doctor to figure out that so fast? Sure he did noticed I was sick, and today when he saw me back to my old self he was morethan shocked, the beast wants me to remain forever sick."

"Uhm Aisha you two should cut it out please. Stop being mean to each other I don't like it. You know too well you have to go to the hospital right? Where will you get the money, you know right that Usman is your only source of income."

"Pff! Hell NO Usman isn't the only source of my income I've talked to Zainab yestarday and she has already transfered 20k for me, after school today I'll be heading to the hospital. I don't need ANYTHING from Usman Fiona. Yes he might be my husband, and I might be carrying his baby but that doesn't mean we are in a relationship. I don't love him so please stop insisting, okay?"

Fiona and I both turned to the direction we had a sound coming from and saw Ryan standing there.

"Ryan please look at me, I.. I.. I" I stammered. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry please don't be mad"

He averts hiz gaze back to mine as if searching for something in my eyes.
"Sorry? Is that all you've got to say?" I stepped forward and closed the gab between us.

"Ryan please I hid my relationahip status from you for a reason, don't judge so quickly please."

"Sure you have a reason to do so Aisha, because our friendship never meant anything to you.
"He yell out at the peak of his voice that got me frightened.

I'm crying now. "I'm sorry please you won't be able to understand anything I tell you now but believe me I'll explain everything to you when the right time comes."

"There will no be a next time Aisha, I don't want to see you ever again, I can't befriend a liar. I'm sorry if my words are too harsh for you to hear."

"Ryan please No don't cut off our friendship just like that, don't throw all that we've shared away please don't."

"I'm not the one trying to do so Aisha, you are. How can you keep this important information from me? Why? Have I been that a bad friend to you?"

"No Ryan"

"Then what is it? For all this time, you dont like me?"

"No stop please." I shook my head disapprovingly.

"No Ryan stop it!" I blurt at him. "My relationship status has nothing to do with our friendship, you know I've always liked you as a friend."

"Is that what you think? Well your relationship status means alot to me, had it been I've known the truth I wouldn't have fallen for you..." He states in a cracky voice, his voice dropping considerbaly, I can see how defeated he was to say such a thing.

I can't believe what my ears are actually hearing, did Ryan just said he has fallen for me? God! Why are things happening so fast? Do something to stop it please. My brain can't take it.

"What did you just say Ryan?" I cupped his face "you've fallen for me?"

"Yes. I love you, ever since I first saw you, a day never goes without your love. Your love in me increases every single heartbeat. I do love you Aisha but not anymore."