Chapter 14

After gathering a whole lot of courage, I tried to make my voice as meek as possible "Its about Usman mum I can't help but think about him always, like I really don't know what am feeling but I think that I love him..." I sighed with my gaze on the floor waiting for mum to scold me because I know what am saying doesn't make sense at all. She rubbed my hands gently, "is that so dear? Is that what've been bothering you lately?" I nodded mutely, my gaze still on the floor.

         “Well don't worry anymore am going to talk to your aunt Fatima am sure she'll like the idea too, just as I did." I raised my head up our gaze meeting "really mom?" I asked with a wide grin on my face. "Don't you think I kind of sounded awkward?" She shook her head "not at all dear, its okay for girls at your age to fall in love, and am very pleased it was someone from my family you chose to love, you have my blessings dear..." Smiling at me... I can't help but smile back at her.

       Now that I've got mom's blessings I know I won't be having a tough time convincing dad too. Or maybe mom could do that for me! "So mum are you going to talk to aunt Fatima about it?" I asked her curiously. She nodded "yes dear." I continued; "what are you going to tell her then? That your daughter Aisha is in-love with her son and is willing to marry him?" She nodded just as she did before. I nearly choked.

      "Oh! Common mom, there's no self dignity in there, I mean not her but him he's going to look down on me." Furrowing my eyebrows. She raised my head up with her hand our gaze meeting. "Of course no dear" she said "how can he look down upon a very beautiful lady like you?" She added. I said triumphantly, "awwn! Mum you're making me blush." She chuckled "you don't have to dear, trust me he'll also like the idea, Usman and you will make a perfect couple dear."

      I didn't know the time I hugged her, and she did hugged me back "thank you mum." She asked "for what?"  "For becoming my mother" I answered. She let go off me first "but you know your dad is not going to approve of this relationship now, you're still young you know that right? You have to graduate from college first, get your doctoring degree then we can now set for the wedding. Isn't that your dream? To become a medical doctor?"

      I narrowed my almond shaped eyes slightly at her gritting my teeth. "Yeah it was mom, but not an ..." I was cutt off from saying "anymore."  "What do you mean it was before?" She roared, something she does not usually. "You mean you don't have intentions of stepping into college now? Woah!" She breathe "Then am sorry am going to take back my blessings, how could you, Aisha? This is your future. This discussion is over!" She snapped and tried to walk off. I held her hand warlmly giving her a pathetic look "please mom, can't you see? Am suffering alot, I promise i'll push through with my studies after the wedding. You are the only one that can understand what am going through now, please mum dont shun me." I cried out...

      She stood their for a while before embracing me. "Is okay then, stop crying. Your crying won't change the situation, I'll try to talk it to your dad and see what he'll say." She said warm heartedly. I pulled myself out and wiped my tears, "mom promise me this, you'll do all that you can to make dad understand the situation, I've been suffering alot."

      ★★★★

     Later during the night, mom came back to my room with a sour expression on her face. Even before she uttered a word I know the answer was "NO." With my head down I said in my soft voice "he didn't agree with it right mom? He said no to my offer, didn't he?" I squal. She reached to where I was sitted, gently rubbing my back "is okay dear" she said calmy trying to comfort me.

        "Maybe this is not the right time, you see you're still young. You're just 20 right? There's..." She was cut off from saying “still time” when dad roared my name “Aisha”. I gasped “mom save me please I know dad's mad now, please don't let him touch me” He banged the door on us with an indignant manner giving me a deadly glare as he was stepping forward to where mum and I were, I hid behind mom.

          He was talking out of anger “are you out of your mind? Was this how you saw your sister did? Am telling you now to get back your senses and focus on your studies, no boyfriend until you're through with college. What nonsense!” he roared. I gasped “am...am.. Sorry dad” I cried out. “Honey is okay please, let her be for the time, I've explained everything to her and she's okay with your terms. No boyfriend till after college please leave us two to talk.” mom said softly pleading. He gave me a deadly glare before wincing out.

        I cried even louder than I did before. Mom tried her best to comfort me. Right from that day my life turned out to hell, I do not concentrate in school anymore all I do is think of him. After our first semester exams I came out with 2 CO's something that has never happened to me. Dad scolded and scolded me, but I didn't at all care because all I want at that time was Usman

         That was how I became stubborn, I don't listen to anyone anymore not even Zainab this time. I became so hard headed, not even dad could talk to me.

       My newly developed attitude troubled mom alot, she can't sit behind and watch me destroy my life anymore after knowing she could do something to change it. She was ready to confront dad this time. It was during the night when I heard them yelling at each other from my room. A word from mom and other from dad. I eavesdropped on them only to hear they were arguing against me.

      I quickly ran back to my room, I couldn't even think of sitting rather I was pacing. Just some minutes later, mum came into my room before I could say anything she asked me to come sit. I did as I was told with a curious look on my face wanting to hear what is exactly going on. She scruntched her face and said “listen to me Aisha, this newly developed attitude of yours should stop now, I mean right now! You're doing all this because of Usman right?” I kept silent for a while “right?” She asked curiously.

Vote, comment, and share please. Thank you.
Love you all.