06 :: makeovers & disasters

and so the updating spree begins!!
also 'you belong with me' by taylor swift
is a literal theme for this book 💀💀💀

♡♡♡︎

"Why haven't you gone back yet?" Jimin jogged over to where Jeongguk stood twenty minutes after practice had ended for the afternoon, his duffle slung over his shoulder and blonde hair tied in a little ponytail.

He glanced up, phone in one hand and the other tucked in his sweatpants pocket. Jeongguk opened his mouth to talk, though not a single word escaped past his lips when he realized his friend was subtly checking him out.

Oh, how he knew that trick well— ask a question to catch them off guard, and while they struggled to come up with an answer, discreetly eye them up and down. Jeongguk froze, not really used to being on the receiving end, and to be honest he wasn't much to look at right now, nor did he like this.

In the locker rooms, he took a quick shower before going off to meet Specs to continue their game plan after school. Besides that, he donned on a trusty pair of gray sweatpants and his junior olympic jacket from when he played last summer. He didn't try hard, so he could make Specs feel comfortable.

Jeongguk saw how Specs eyed him when he wore his small collection designer clothes around the place. He grew used to the staring, but the way Specs's mood immediately dimmed in his presence, he knew that type of mentality would get them nowhere.

"Why haven't you left?" He decided to reverse the question, raising an eyebrow at the older as he slid his phone into his pocket. Damn, he should really get Specs's number.

"Oh, well, I was kinda wanting to talk to you," Jimin chuckled, grinning shyly up at him. Jeongguk's brows eased, his lips curving into a slight oval.

"Is it important?" Jeongguk asked, hoping deep down that it wasn't. He didn't want him to know he was meeting up with Specs. God knew what his reaction would be if he saw them together.

Another thing about Jimin was that he got jealous easily, and he wasn't afraid to show it, or act on it.

"Well depends on how you consider it," The older tucked his blonde hair behind his ear, tilting his head upward to meet his gaze as he stepped closer to him. Jeongguk tried to step back, but there was a damn wall behind him.

"Great, but uh m'kinda busy so could we save this for later?" He tried not to get affected by the hurt that flashed through his friend's features, but there was nothing else he could do or say. He loved Jimin; it was physically impossible for him to hurt him.

"Gguk, I wanna talk about us. It's September, and we still haven't talked about that," Jimin murmured, eyeing him suspiciously when he reached to check his phone just to purposely avoid looking at him.

"What's making you so scared about commitment?"

"Huh?" Jeongguk nearly choked, brows scrunched together and blinking rapidly as he forced himself to meet Jimin's gaze. "What?" He didn't expect that.

"Jeongguk, let me put two and two together," Jimin started, tone softening as his pudgy fingers clutched around the strap of his bag. "I felt something."

"I think we can save this for another time, Chim," He swallowed, pushing off the wall, eyes darting around for an escape. Jimin opened his mouth to argue, but Jeongguk cut him off, "No. We're not discussing this here, hyung."