23 :: country boys & flower fields

my favorite chapter EVER to
exist in the entirety of HTT

btw i have no idea what
daegu looks like, picture the
scenery of cmbyn (;

♡♡︎♡

Finals were over faster than Taehyung comprehend, and before he could properly blink Jeongguk and he were driving to Daegu to spend the holiday together.

He didn't expect the younger to agree, for he thought he would go home. It wasn't like he was against the idea of him going home, but he didn't quite expect Jeongguk to agree so easily to meet his parents.

Plus he wasn't smuggling Jeongguk to the country side for the entire break. He was going to stay for a week, meet his parents, spend time with him, and then he would take a train to Busan to spend the rest of the break with his own family.

It felt odd, really. Taehyung never brought anyone home before. His dads were aware of the few friends he had, and how the constant bullying made him reluctant to bring anyone to his house. Taehyung's home in the country was like his sanctuary.

There, secluded in fields of strawberry plants and endless rolling hills of plush green grass and foliage that shimmered beneath the sun, was his house. A place where he could be alone without any worry or fear of being judged.

It was his home— his safe haven. And bringing Jeongguk into this safe place he called home felt weird, but nonetheless felt right.

He couldn't imagine bringing anyone other than Jeongguk to meet his dads.

"What are your dads like?" Jeongguk asked, one hand clutching the wheel and the other captured by Taehyung's own. He insisted on driving this time around, mostly because they had to bring Yeontan, and Taehyung drove last time.

"They're gay. Very, very gay," Taehyung said in a matter of fact way. At that, Jeongguk snorted.

"And so are we," He reminded him. "Everyone in that household supports dick. Is that scary?"

"No?" The older mumbled, hugging Yeontan close while Jeongguk chuckled softly, squeezing his hand. "I'm just a bit worried. They're not overprotective, it's just..."

"I hope they don't scare you."

"Scare me? Specs, that won't happen," Jeongguk said. "They must be wonderful people to have raised you." He chuckled, bringing his hand close to his mouth.

"You're a sap," Taehyung jutted his bottom lip out, pouting. Jeongguk rolled his eyes and kissed his knuckles. "A stupid little sap."

"I'll take that as a compliment, bun," The younger teased. Taehyung sunk in his seat, glancing out the window to avoid showing Jeongguk the way his entire face flushed pink.

"Don't call me bun, princess," Taehyung grumbled, heart doing little tiny flips when Jeongguk kissed his fingers again.

"That's not gonna work on me this time around," Jeongguk said cooly. "You had your fun, and now it's my turn."

"Are you suggesting I act like a bottom?"

"Precisely," The younger nodded. Taehyung let go of his hand to smack his shoulder, brows furrowed as Jeongguk was snickering to himself.