28 :: the part & the whole

ok i lied there's some angst.
but hey a double update!

♡♡♡

"Six months later, and finally you have the time for me," Jeongguk teased as he found himself sitting down in the same chair he did all that time ago in front of his father, but this time instead of that look of disapproval it was a proud one.

Funny, how much things could change in a span of time. To think, six months ago, Jeongguk was lost and pissed off and a mess when he entered this office last. He laughed looking back at it, really, how he used to be so stupid.

Fucking people when he couldn't stand himself or the stress. Chasing trouble to find a thrill, a purpose in his life that wasn't just volleyball. Spending time with friends that really weren't the people he used to love.

Six months ago, this was where he met Taehyung. He was leaning against that wall with his old hair and glasses, and his prim and proper school uniform that he remembered making fun of.

Usually he didn't pay attention to much people, but he remembered Taehyung taking up so much of his peripheral vision, it drove him insane. Maybe that was some sort of sign.

If this never happened, he wouldn't be dating the most incredible boy ever, or be falling so inexplicably hard for Kim Taehyung, every fiber of his being lived and breathed for him.

God, he couldn't really imagine himself without him, and hopefully that would never happen.

"I took a leave," His dad shrugged, adjusting his wired glasses over his shadowy features. Usually he was clean shaven, but telling by the last couple of months' events, his dad probably didn't have time to clean up.

"Had to visit your mom, help around, and see the girls again, y'know," He chuckled, folding his hands over his desk. "She's getting better, thankfully. Your mother is a fighter."

"Maybe she can make your Olympic game."

"Yeah, hopefully," Jeongguk nodded a little, playing with his fingers over his lap. "Are we waiting for Taehyung, dad?" He asked, glancing up to meet his father's gentle gaze.

His dad seemed a little surprised to hear him say his name, but the older Jeon was quick to mask it with a smile, "M'afraid that we don't need Taehyung here. Let's think of this as a little chat between father and son, hm?"

"Sure," He said, shrugging as he went along with it, "but I know we're probably gonna end up talking about volleyball so could we skip to that?"

"You're eager, hm. Well, I wanted to discuss your behavior lately, and thanks to Taehyung, I see you have improved greatly," His dad said, reaching over for the manila folder on his desk and spreading it open, revealing his student record.

"No delinquent activity. Your attendance is perfect, and I hadn't received any complaint of your sexual activity," He praised, flicking through the sheets of paper all under Jeongguk's name.

"Taehyung really must have had a good effect on you! Was it his disciplinary skills? Taehyung's very good at giving punishment to students."

"We can say that, yeah," Jeongguk swallowed thickly, staring awkwardly at his lap, trying to hide the way his cheeks flushed with a certain and rather embarassing warmth after getting inappropriate flashbacks to the night Jeongguk sent his history project in late.