19 :: on purpose & accidental grinding

when you realize it's chapter 19
what the frick ya'll

also a very long chap oop

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"If you wanted to get a new animal, you could of asked me and I'd give you Yugyeom and San," Jae held the door open to the shelter for Jeongguk, a scowl on his pale features when San and Yugyeom pust past him to get in.

"We aren't animals," Yugyeom said, sauntering over to where Jeongguk stood with an eyebrow raised at them both. "Bitch, we're alphas."

"That doesn't make any sense," Jae sighed, shutting the door. "Rowdy, prepubescent man children are a better fit."

"Ouch, don't be rude 'cuz you'd be a beta," San flicked his cousin's forehead, a goofy grin slacked over his lips. "Okay, so what's the plan? Why are we here Jeonggukie?"

"Please don't call me beta. God, I don't wanna get into your kinks right now," Jae rolled his eyes.

"I mean, could we call you omega?" Yugyeom wiggled his eyebrows, earning an irritated groan from the older. "But omegas are... you know."

"Jeongguk please," Jae pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose. "You're less stupid. Please stop dumbfuck one and dumbfuck two."

Jeongguk was standing quietly, arms crossed over his chest, a finger perched between his lips as he watched his new friends bicker with one another, amazed they haven't thrown an offensive comment.

"Um right," He realized they were waiting for him to talk, and he cleared his throat, adjusting his brown champion hat.

He didn't know why he brought them here actually. It was a last minute idea, and before this, he was hanging out with Jae, talking about volleyball and how much of an idiot he was for Specs.

All he knew was that he wanted to cheer Taehyung up— easy, right? For some reason, after that night which he refused to talk about, Taehyung wasn't really in the best mood. In fact, he wasn't even in the mood for anything.

Jeongguk wasn't a full idiot no matter how hard Taehyung tried to hide it. If he wasn't laughing at his dumb jokes and spent most of his time curled up into a ball in his room, refusing to spend time with him, something bad was up.

He didn't mind that Specs wouldn't tell him. He knew he would tell him on his own time, but it was somewhat bothering him not seeing him around. All his nights were lonely without his boxy smile and weird fun facts, and whenever Specs did come out, he could tell he was crying.

Specs was there for him whenever his mood was terrible, so it made sense that Jeongguk should cheer him up. After all, he was his best friend, and he missed him now that Specs denied to go out.

Okay but it took all the effort not to pull him into a big hug and kiss the tears off his face and give him little compliments to boost his confidence in himself. However, Jeongguk knew that wasn't his place.

So, he came up with a platonic-er solution, and somehow he thought it was a good idea to round up his new friends while he was at it.

That was how he was stuck with two fucking idiots and a very intimidating aroace.

"We're here to cheer up my best friend," Jeongguk declared, but all of a sudden San and Yugyeom were coughing loudly. "What?" He raised a brow at them.