09 :: pals & not so good pals

thanks for sticking around with me (:
i look forward to you guys' comments hehe
thank you for making my day💛💛

♡♡♡

"Welcome to my sanctuary!" Jeongguk watched as the older pushed past the double doors to a kennel area filled with dogs of all sizes, and immediately, he watched him practically waddle-run over to a small black and tan dog jumping at the sight of him.

"You work at an animal shelter?" He followed after him, scanning the concrete room, wondering why he didn't expect this from Taehyung.

"I volunteer for free. I schedule days here when I'm not helping at homeless breakfasts, or food and clothes drives," Taehyung said, already kneeling on the ground and petting the little fluff balls that swarmed him.

"Is this for your resumee?" Jeongguk joined him inside of one of the kennels, making sure to shut the door behind him. He raised an eyebrow, noticing a little poodle sniff his shoe.

"Nope. Well, kinda, but playing with dogs who don't have forever owners and reminding them that they deserve love is better than leaving them alone," He said in a matter of fact way as he gently ran his fingers through the pomeranian's hair.

"Dogs aren't humans, Specs," He teased.

"But all of 'em feel just as strongly as you and I," Taehyung cooed at the little dog that hopped into his lap, his entire features lightening up as the smile he wore was enough to brighten an entire room.

Jeongguk realized he was staring too long and averted his gaze to the little poodle giving him sweet little puppy eyes. He decided to sit down next to him, guessing it would be weird to simply stand around for the next two hours they were going to be here.

It humored him, Taehyung's duality, that was what. At their dorm, he was shouting curses at him and throwing around smirks like candy, which didn't quite sit well with Jeongguk because since when did he learn how to utilize that.

Compared to then, the Taehyung he witnessed right now, shoving his glasses that fell off his nose and giggling when the dogs left dozens of kisses on the curves of his cheeks, was the complete opposite. He barely looked like a guy that would send threats, and more like the person he made fun of before the big makeover.

He didn't know how to feel about that, really.

His blue hair was a mess, falling over his eyes in wisps that the older carded his fingers through and pushed aside. Jeongguk noticed while he petted the poodle on his lap, how Taehyung cupped the dog's faces with his palms in the shape of tiny hearts. He never neglected any of them, showering them in his love.

There was too much love in Taehyung, and it was then did Jeongguk get this heavy sensation tugging in his stomach, his lips falling into a frown.

"Y'know I have a lot of pets back home. My dads felt bad about me being the only child, so they agreed to buy me whatever pet I want," Taehyung said, saving Jeongguk from spiraling into thoughts about him he didn't want to explore.

"Really? My dad refused to buy my sister a pet after she accidentally forgot about her hermit crab during the move after the divorce," Jeongguk snorted, only realizing that he said something personal when the older's gaze fixed on him.