07 :: subpar flirting & shitty liars

hhhh did i like scar ya'll with my angst😅
but anyways,, HTT doesn't have any really
dark themes. it's my happy book and i
hope that it's yours too🥺💛

HOWEVER that doesn't mean i'm
saving ya'll from frustration (;

♡♡♡

So this was how it felt to be pretty.

Taehyung wasn't used to it, walking by Jeongguk's side and having people stare at him on the street for an entirely different reason than before. It was odd, really, all the smiles from strangers, and the people actually checking him out! Some girls even stopped them, asking for their numbers.

"Look at you already bagging bitches, Specs!" The younger chuckled, nudging his side as the two of them enter a korean barbecue, which Taehyung insisted on to thank him.

"I'm not bagging any bitches," Taehyung said, nose crinkling as the hostess led them to their seats. He sat opposite of Jeongguk, pushing his glasses up up his nose (he couldn't see shit without them).

"You got two girls' numbers," Jeongguk said in a matter of fact tone. "I think that's some progress."

"No I didn't," He frowned, handing him one of the menus on the table, making sure to not let their hands touch.

"It was more like you got them, and I awkwardly watched as they called me hot a thousand times."

At that, a grin blossomed over Jeongguk's lips. "I don't understand why you won't take the 'W.'"

"Because there's no 'W' to take! You literally got a free booty call right there!" Taehyung found himself giggling as he tried to hide his face behind the menu, eyes never leaving the younger's.

"And that was all you, Specs, and if it makes you feel better, I won't use them!" Jeongguk said, holding his hands up in defense.

"Jeongguk, I'm very, very gay."

"Oh yes. But to them you looked straight. You see, you now are a special type of gay: the spaghetti noodle," He quickly thanked the waiter giving him his water before averting his attention back to Taehyung, a smirk playing on his lips. 

"Spaghetti noodle? Is that an insult to my body?" Taehyung asked, snorting. Jeongguk shook his head, plucking the lemon out of his water and taking a sip.

"No. You see, a spaghetti noodle is very interesting. They look straight on the outside, but when they're wet, they become a squiggle!"

"Please don't tell me that was a sex joke because I'm a hundred percent sure that was a big sex joke," He groaned with a roll of his eyes. "I'm so done with you."

"No you're not," Jeongguk said after they made their order. "You can't be. The four months barely even started."

"God, don't remind me," Taehyung tried to sound bitter but he just couldn't, his lips stuck in a stupid, traitorous smile. "But anyways, did you see me? I totally froze when they approached us."

"Are you telling me that I'm responsible to teach you how to flirt, too? Oh Specs, flirting is basic human nature," He gasped, pressing a hand to his chest, faux offense scribbled over his features.